We couldn’t be prouder of the talented people who have chosen to work at Manulife/John Hancock. Manulife/JohnHancock has unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed.
2 jobs available
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2020, we had more than 37,000 employees, over 98,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 30 million customers. As of December 31, 2020, we had $1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $31.6 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155years. We trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife LEAD (Leadership, Experience, Advocacy, and Development) is a future-focused graduate development program that offers business rotational, assignments, social learning, and advocacy experience.
The LEAD graduate program aims to attract and develop a pipeline of digitally-minded and trained millennial talent with the potential for either a General Management and/or business leadership career pathway trajectory.
- Provides a multi-faceted learning and development experience for entry level talent to advance into future leadership roles aligned to our corporate vision, mission, strategic priorities and brand values
- Develop skills for individuals that aspire towards a career in general management and support the growth of our global business
- Supports future leaders with establishing a powerful internal network to advance their careers within the organization
LEAD is an 18-month graduate program where Management Associates complete the following:
- Regional Orientation and Induction- spend the first few days with member of Manulife's Executive team visiting our Hong Kong Regional Office to better understand our business, strategy and values
- Business Rotations – Complete (3x) 6-month rotations both within your local market and also working on assignment overseas to experience another market first-hand.
- Community project – during the program create and pitch a business case for a community cause that you might wish to support.
- Development weeks – undertake an exclusive series of classroom learning and experiential programs sponsored by Manulife senior executives to help you develop core business skills
- Access to Mentors and Buddies – Benefit from being assigned a Mentor (typically a senior leader) to help you with your career and personal development and well as business buddies to help you navigate our global organization
- Graduation into a business position – all program graduates are offered final placement into management positions aligned to business and career interests.
Connect with our team!
For questions and inquiries about the LEAD graduate program, please email [email protected]
Actuaries play a central role in all of our businesses at Manulife. We take the professional development of our actuaries very seriously, and they hold a variety of important roles within our organization. Actuaries can work in their area of interest, ranging from positions as financial actuaries to pricing actuaries to actuaries interested in general management.
Our Actuarial Development Committee offers challenges to expedite your growth in our Internship Program. This program provides you with diverse work experience to work alongside some of the top people in our company. Apart from work, we encourage prospective fellows to undergo continuous professional development. Our Actuarial Development Committee continually reviews and addresses the career development needs of our interns.
- Participate in different actuarial projects in the areas of product development, financial reporting or risk management.
- Buddy Program
- Special Projects for extra exposure which is out of designated Actuarial Department
- Graduation Ceremony
- Return Offers with scholarship for top performers
Projects may include
- Assist in conducting earning analysis, experience studies, MIS and a multitude of new and ongoing studies
- Analyze financial statements and link financial indicators to business issues
- Handle special quotation and ad hoc enquiries from other departments
- Maintain business projection models and various PC-based valuation systems
- Support new product launch with participation in model update and UAT
Full time internship employment at Hong Kong office
- 2022 1st Half Program: January 3, 2022 – July 15, 2022
- 2022 2nd Half Program: July 4, 2022 – January 13, 2023