IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM currently has 0 opportunities.
Select the following options:
If you’re interested in working at IBM, understanding when they have opened up applications for their graduate programs, graduate jobs and internships is helpful knowledge to have so you know when you might need to apply. Use the below information to see when IBM hires graduates, but more importantly what graduate degree’s and other student attributes they target for their jobs.
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems. IBM is a leading cloud platform and cognitive solutions company. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 350,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. With Watson, the AI platform for business, powered by data, we are building industry-based solutions to real-world problems. For more than seven decades, IBM Research has defined the future of information technology with more than 3,000 researchers in 12 labs located across six continents. For more information, visit www.ibm.com.
As a Technology Consultant, you will help design, develop, and integrate solutions using best practice technologies, tools, techniques, and products our clients demand today. With your strong technical capabilities you will help to reinvent the digital world of the future; designing and building creative customer experiences; using real-time analytics and cloud technologies; infusing cognition into our clients’ enterprises; building mobile and web apps. As part of the next generation of Technology Consultants you will become one of IBM’s technology leaders: Solution Architects, Technical Business Analysts, IT Project Managers, Cognitive Architects, Technical Programme Managers, Digital Specialists, Senior Developers, Distinguished Engineers and Cloud Leaders.
You’ll grow a strong set of consulting and technical skills working alongside some of the world’s leading technology experts in Digital, Cognitive and Cloud, learning from their experience as you take on increasing challenges and responsibilities; all of which provides opportunity for strong career growth.
Project roles may include:
- Cloud Application Consultant
- Data Scientist
- Oracle / SAP / Workday / SalesForce Consultant
- Full Stack Developer
- Experience Platform and Mobile Developer
- Blockchain Developer
What we look for
So now you know the process, what are we actually looking for?
- Graduate in Computer Science or other IT related programme with less than 2 years of full-time working experience.
- Adaptability - How do you cope with changing demands and stress? Are you flexible? Have you successfully completed several projects with competing deadlines?
- Communication - Do you present information clearly, precisely and succinctly? Adapt the way you communicate to your audience? And listen to others?
- Client Focus - Can you see a situation from a client’s viewpoint, whether that’s colleagues or customers? Can you anticipate their needs?
- Creative Problem Solving - Do you use ingenuity, supported by logical methods and analysis, to propose solutions? Can you anticipate problems? Do you put forward innovative ideas?
- Drive - Will you proactively learn new skills – even if they’re beyond the scope of your current job? Will you put in the time and energy needed to achieve results?
- Teamwork - How do you work with others to achieve shared goals? Do you easily build relationships with others? Are you a team player?
- Passion for IBM - Do you know what IBM does and what our most recent achievements are? Are you up to speed with the latest trends in our industry? What are the biggest challenges we face? (You’ll need the facts at your fingertips and the enthusiasm to match.)
- Taking Ownership - Do you take responsibility for tasks/decisions? And implement decisions with speed? Can you show when you’ve worked to correct your mistakes?
We help communities take on challenges big and small. IBM brings the power of its technology, resources, and people to help with initiatives around the world, from education to health. We’re making a difference.
Throughout the program you will benefit from:
- Continuous on-the-job learning
- Mentorship from your trainee manager and local mentor
- An educational plan with classroom and virtual courses designed to accelerate your career
- Expertise within both the Business and Technology specialisms – regardless of which programme you join
- Ultimately carving your own career path based on your talents and aspirations