An Internship within Markets & Securities Services can provide the perfect insight into working in an international bank. Regardless of your degree subject, your skills and motivation could help you develop an exciting career whether that is focused on Sales, Trading or Global Research.
For: Penultimate-year students (June/July start), or final-year students and recent graduates (for off-cycle Feb/Mar start)
Duration: 5 to 16 weeks
Areas: Markets - Markets (off-cycle), Sales, Sales (off-cycle), Trading, Trading (off-cycle) or Quants
Start date: June 2021 onwards
We encourage you to apply for your programme of choice as soon as possible as we recruit on a rolling basis and may close applications before the advertised date if all vacancies are filled.
On our competitively paid internship, you’ll experience life in Sales, Trading or Global Research providing you with a well-rounded idea of what a career in Markets & Securities Services can offer.
What you can expect
Markets & Securities Services at HSBC provides Sales, Trading and Global Research services to major government, corporate and institutional clients worldwide, uniquely positioned to provide a bridge between emerging and developed markets.
You’ll work alongside industry specialists, learning how the different areas of Markets & Securities Services work together to serve the broad range of needs of our clients. You’ll collaborate with a diverse community of peers who will encourage you to succeed. Our programme of training, delivered through interactive presentations, case studies and workshops, will help you keep up to date with the fast-paced environment of Markets & Securities Services. We look for determination and courageous thinking, and we'll reward your efforts with mutual support and a clear path for your future.
What you will do
After an induction, including tailored technical training, you’ll have the chance to explore your interests in either Sales, Trading or Global Research by working on projects or a number of transactions.
In Sales, you’ll be taught how to form lasting client relationships and you’ll build communication skills by presenting market views and investment solutions.
In Trading, you will build your understanding of the various dynamics that drive markets. You will learn the correlations between various factors and get a feeling for what to look out for when trading a particular market. You may also work on finding solutions for clients and liaise with the sales team, showing an ability to understand the dynamics of our business.
In Global Research, you will work alongside a team of experts to identify investment opportunities to support our clients. Our Economists analyse global themes and trends in order to make economic and policy forecasts.
Who does this suit?
You will get the opportunity to take great responsibility, while building on your personal and professional skills. We’re looking for:
- Inquisitive minds. You should always be questioning ideas and curious to learn more about our products and services, enabling us to meet our clients’ evolving needs
- Good networkers. We encourage you to work with clients, senior management, peers and our other teams internationally. This means you should be confident when communicating and show courage when presenting
- Opportunity takers. We’re an international company with opportunities around the globe. Jumping at the chance to take on a challenging, yet rewarding project will show you’ve got the motivation to progress to the next level
- Team players. We encourage our people to work together. This means collaborating with colleagues to learn more about our products, asset classes and how to best interact with clients. Being able to work well in a team will help take your career further
What can this lead to?
Perform well and we'll consider you for our Markets & Securities Services Graduate Programme, where in your first year, you can explore a selection of our Sales, Trading and Global Research desks through rotations. Then you can specialise in an area you are passionate about, working to develop into a future leader on the trading floor and even beyond, in our international and ever-changing bank.
- Job type:Internships
- Work rights:
Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
- Closing Date:1st Dec 2020, 3:59 pm