Whether you’re in your penultimate or final year of your undergraduate or postgraduate studies, we offer a wide range of exciting opportunities for you to start your career with HSBC.
For: Final year students or recent graduates
Programme Duration: Two years
Areas: Global Functions – Treasury
Applications close: 30 November 2023
Start date: July 2024 onwards
What you’ll do
Global Treasury comprises a number of verticals that, together, seek to safeguard and optimize the firm’s financial resources, partnering with businesses and entities to open a world of opportunity for our customers.
- We partner with each of the firm’s businesses, designing and driving their pricing mechanisms;
- We are responsible for developing and executing the firm’s capital, balance sheet, liquidity and funding strategy;
- We work collaboratively, with a team-based approach to problem solving.
The business has a number of verticals:
Markets Treasury - Invests the firm’s excess financial resources in a wide range of instruments, including government securities and certain derivatives. Markets Treasury also manages the wholesale funding needs of the Bank;
Global Interest Rate Risk in the Banking Book (IRRBB) - Identifying and modelling interest rate risk, highlighting opportunities and tradeoffs in changing rate environment to support strategy;
Global Liquidity - Proactive focus and advisory on safeguarding and optimizing the firm’s liquid resources, passing benefits on to the businesses and entities;
Global Capital - Designing, overseeing and guiding the capital deployment and capital efficiency of the firm;
Recovery and Resolution Planning – supporting the development of both recovery strategies for capital and liquidity bank stress tests and maintaining capabilities support both regulatory and internal requirements;
Financial Resource Management - Delivering quantitative models and analytics to support optimal asset and liability management;
Strategy, Execution and Control - Building the strategic operating model and capabilities needed for Global Treasury to achieve its Safeguarding and Optimisation objectives.
- Available to work full time for two years commencing July 2024;
- You will have obtained or will be working towards a 3.2/4.0 or 4.0/5.0 cumulative GPA or the equivalent of a 2.1 from a recognised University (as appears on your official University transcript or degree certificate);
- Be fluent in English, however knowledge of Mandarin and/or Cantonese would be an advantage;
- With legal rights to work in Hong Kong is preferred.
Please note that you can only make one application each recruitment cycle. Candidates should make an informed decision before applying by reviewing the different business areas and location sections on our website.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we recruit on a rolling basis and may close applications before the advertised date if all vacancies are filled.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Accounting, Actuarial Studies, Administration, Agriculture, Architecture,...
- Work rights:Hong Kong Citizen, Hong Kong...
- Locations:Hong Kong
- Closing Date:22nd Nov 2023, 3:59 pm