Present in over 110 countries and territories and with over 60,000 members, AIESEC is the world's largest youth-run organization. Focused on providing a platform for youth leadership development, AIESEC offers young people the opportunity to participate in international internships.
AIESEC currently has 0 opportunities.
Select the following options:
AIESEC has 60 years of experience in developing high-potential youth into globally minded responsible leaders.
Present in over 110 countries and territories and with over 60,000 members, AIESEC is the world's largest youth-run organization. Focused on providing a platform for youth leadership development, AIESEC offers young people the opportunity to participate in international internships, experience leadership and participate in a global learning environment. What makes AIESEC unique is the youth driven impactful experience that it offers to its members. AIESEC is run by young people for young people, enabling a strong experience to all its stakeholders.
- Our members are part of an exciting, driven global network. They are able to contribute to societal change while exploring their own vision for a positive impact on society.
- We are supported by thousands of partner organisations around the globe who look to AIESEC to support the development of youth and to access top talent through our global internship program.
- Our alumni are leaders within their organizations and communities. They use the experience, skills and inspiration AIESEC has provided them to be agents of positive change within today’s society.
About AIESEC Hong Kong
AIESEC Hong Kong was introduced in 1967. With more than 40 years of history, AIESEC in Hong Kong now has more than 400 members from 7 universities in Hong Kong, settled in 7 different local chapters:
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Baptist University
- The University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Lingnan University
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- City University of Hong Kong
All of our activities aim to provide to young people a platform to explore and develop their leadership potential and have a positive impact on society. For further information about AIESEC, please visit our websites below:
AIESEC Hong Kong Official Website: http://www.aiesec.hk
AIESEC International Official Website: http://www.aiesec.org
Global Exchange Programme
Global Exchange Programme is about professional internships which is the most intense learning experience that we offer and links together our global network. Each year, we provide over 60,000 members the challenging opportunity to live and work in a foreign country in areas of management, technology, education, and development.
General Information and logistics
- Internship duration: 6 weeks to 18 months
- Salary covers living costs for many internships
- It takes between 2 - 7 months to find an internship and complete the selection processes
- Application fee is payable before internship
- Airfare is usually not included
1. Application and Interview
After joining and understanding AIESEC, you will enter a process consisting of selection interview and language tests. The selection process aims to ensure that everyone participating in an AIESEC exchange is suitable and will have a positive experience while on exchange.
This step starts before you confirm with a suitable internship and will continue before leaving for your exchange experience and. It consists of areas such as:
- Logistical preparation. Ensuring that you are physically and legally prepared to work in another country.
- Community Involvement. To help you gain an understanding of issues facing the world and your own community.
- Direct Country preparation. Preparation on the country you will be going to and also how to cope with the pressures of living in a foreign culture.
- AIESEC preparation. Providing you with knowledge about the exchange programme and the roles of various parties.
3. Internship Selection and Matching
By this stage you have become an official AIESEC Exchange Participant. Now you are able to start being matched to a suitable internship.
You will be trained and given access to use our on-line database of internship opportunities. The more flexible you are in terms of geographical preferences the better.
The most fulfilling step from here is experiencing the actual internship itself. AIESEC will provide you with much more information on what to expect during your internship experience and what kind of involvement you can have with AIESEC and the local environment while you are on your exchange experience in a new country. AIESEC members in your host chapter provide support in receiving you, getting logistically setup while providing opportunities for cultural and social activities.
AIESEC supports you in making the readjustment process when you return home. We hope that your experience opens up a world of opportunities to create a better society for us all. Also, if you're interested to continue your AIESEC career, you can try the leadership opportunities available for you in your country.
For more details, please read some AIESEC Stories here: http://blog.aiesec.hk/
Experiential Leadership Programme
Experiential Leadership Programme allows young people to explore and develop their leadership potential. The purpose of this programme is for a person to develop their competencies of Global Mind-set, Entrepreneurial Outlook, Social Responsibility, Emotional Intelligence and Proactive Learning, taking advantage of the intense experiences which AIESEC offers.
To develop what it takes to be a leader, AIESEC has 7,700 leadership roles involved in running the organisation, as well as trainings in soft skills and functional areas in over 470 conferences and thousands of activities each year.
Being part of the programme, you will have opportunities to:
Lead a team of individuals to:
- Build partnerships with corporate clients
- Run an international project on a relevant social issue
- Run a recruitment process on campus
- Organise a conference for 20 to 300 people
Be a part of a local leadership team that:
- Manages 15-100 volunteer members
- Manages a budget of HK$10,000 to HK$500,000
- Serves 5-50 companies and NGOs
- Runs strategic planning processes
- Participates in national discussions on strategies
- Trains and being trained at local and national events
Be a part of a national leadership team that:
- Manages AIESEC at 7 different universities
- Delivers trainings at conferences with up to 300 people
- Manages major partnerships with companies and organisations
- Represents Hong Kong at AIESEC international conferences
- Leads the development of a national long-term strategic plan
How to apply
For any enquiries about:
- Joining AIESEC Programmes*
- Being a Partner of AIESEC
- Getting Media Release
please contact us at [email protected]
*If you would like to participate in any of our Programmes, please attach your CV in the enquiry e-mail.
AIESEC Hong Kong Limited
P.O. Box No. 656
General Post Office