The trainee will be focused on contributing to 2 main themes alongside the Sales BMO:
- Create and produce dashboards to MARK sales management to track the commercial activity
- Prepare and update presentations for the Sales management
- Conduct ad-hoc requests, analysis and studies to help support the business. Topics can be (not exhaustive): detection of client opportunities, competitive intelligence, data extraction, performance of sales teams/clients, KYC reviews, onboarding, offboarding. It involves data crunching and presentation of the results.
- Collaborate with the bankers and support functions on shared topics.
- Follow up on current initiatives (Objectives and Key results)
- Understand and promote the use of our SG Dashboard platform. It contains information on the overall performance of MARK digitally.
Review of Internal Procedure & perform controls on the activity:
- The Sales BMO’s role is also to make sure the activity operates within the regulatory framework and risk is mitigated. Global supervision control on sales will be performed by the Sales Business Analyst trainee.
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Business, Finance, Engineering or similar
- Previous experiences in the banking industry would be a plus
- Rigorous, meticulous and reliable
- Flexibility, pro-activity, curiosity and capable to multi-task
- Result and solution orientated
- Positive, can do attitude
- Team spirit, collective mindset
- Interest in financial markets and derivative products
- Capable to adapt to a fast-paced work environment
- Technology savvy
- Advanced level in Excel and good command in VBA
- Good level in Power Point
- Familiar with Digital visualisation tool (Tableau / Power BI) would be a plus
- Other programming languages would be a plus
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients’ projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ over 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
The Sales Business Management Office (BMO) focuses on building, managing & optimizing all sales processes from pre-trade and post-trade. It ensures the best service is offered to the Global Markets (MARK) clients by monitoring, reviewing and transforming existing processes. It also provides the Sales management with relevant tools and indicators to ensure the efficiency of the commercial set-up.
The Team aim at helping Global Markets’ development and at the same time preventing operational risks. A global team and a key partner for MARK business lines and activities to enable MARK to do what it does best – serve the needs of its clients in a secured way. Combining process and business expertise, quality of execution, technology advisory, innovative solutions and operational risk prevention, the Business Management Office (BMO) Team is a trusted advisor helping to ensure the highest service levels to clients. MARK/BMO plays a pivotal role in coordinating with Support and Control functions in Finance, IT, Operations, Risks, Compliance and Legal. Run day-to-day operations while also delivering on business-critical key projects, such as new business, regulations or transformation.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Hong Kong Student Visa, Hong...
- Closing Date:10th Aug 2020, 3:00 pm