SG CIB is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Societe Generale Group. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia, SG CIB provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
Within the Equity & Derivatives business line, the One Delta Index teams have the mandate to provide internal and external customers with exposure to world equity indexes, and other closely related financial strategies. The Asian team based in Hong Kong is specifically in charge of Asia Pacific ex-Japan, from Australia to India.
The Trainee will assist the team in developing tools for its daily business. In addition, the Trainee will help the desk on several daily tasks such as research on dividends, bookings and some analysis of Asian companies’ financial data (report, balance sheet) to help articulate some of our trading strategies.
Within the dynamic and reactive One Delta Index team, the Trainee will be responsible for:
- Developing tools in Excel/VBA to improve our productivity and enhance our pricing
- Perform specific studies on new trading ideas
- Checking companies’ financial data and dividend policies
- Building strategies around those data
- 25% of the time will also be dedicated to help the team in its daily tasks
The trainee will be fully responsible for those tasks under the guidance of the team’s traders, based on the markets that they cover.
- Hold a relevant Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Finance or similar
- Strong programming skills, with VBA preferred
- Able to read a balance sheet and corporate financial reports
- Prior knowledge of financial products and pricing will be positively considered
- Previous experience working in a dealing room would be an advantage, but not required
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Fluent English, with an Asian language being a definite advantage
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.