Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients’ projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ over 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
Trader Support’s mission is to ensure all trades and events on the Front office position are correctly reflected in the relevant IT system/ database in order mainly:
- for the Operations chain to be able to ensure a smooth settlement/confirmation for all operations,
- for Front Office to have a clear and honest vision of their position and risk,
- for Finance to be able to compute/produce economic and accounting PNL in due time.
As the first link in the Operations chain, Trader Support is also the first level of control for the business.
- Product scope: FX Options (both vanilla and structured) and Exotic FX
- Assist with modelling/trade capture of exotic product and deals in the in-house information systems (FO to BO) based on documentation (term sheets, tickets) provided by FO
- Assist with pricing of exotic trades for accuracy check, control of bookings initiated by FO
- Ensure booking timeliness, provide justification for any late booking and amend/cancel, develop and deploy relevant action plan to reduce the associated KPI
- Monitor of lifecycle events. Ensure integration of fixings, calculations of coupons and early termination decisions
- Improve booking quality control through close monitoring of rework on exotic booking
- Contribute to improving the booking platform through the initiation of enhancements and bug fixes and follow-up (UAT on deliveries)
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Engineering, Mathematics, IT or similar
- Product knowledge: FX Options (both vanilla and structured) and/or Exotic FX (payoff understanding, lifecycle events) with relevant experience and expertise as trade support
- Understanding of trader’s job and hedging decision making;
- Strong and sharp analytical skills
- Good energy. Ability to handle high trade volumes and some pressurized situations
- Excellent communication skills; able to work with various internal partners (Traders, Engineers, Sales, Other Middle Offices, Product Control teams, Back Offices, IT) in different regions (Asia, Europe, America)
- Fluent English is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering Mechanical, Education, Agriculture, Consulting, Engineering...
Hong Kong Student Visa, Hong...
- Closing Date:18th Apr 2019, 3:00 pm