Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients’ projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ over 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
The market risk team for the ASIA region is part of the Asia Risk division, Asia Risk and the Global Market Risk teams headquartered in Paris. All strategic decisions are made with the full cooperation of both teams and adhere to Directive 36 Appendix 3 on Market, Liquidity and Structural Risks. The Market Risk department oversights for the Chief Risk Officers across Asia pacific region and SG Group Risk Division Market Liquidity and Structural Risks in the Asia region, designs regulatory models and validates pricing and liquidity models.
The Cross-Asset Risk Officer manages for the Market Risk department in Asia the transversal and/or multi-asset analysis. He/she reports to the Head of Market Risks in Asia and functionally to the Head of Counterpart and Market Exposure.
- Assist in Risk reporting and reviews for SG Asia senior management and other bodies
- Execute Market Risk regulatory examinations and projects
- Extract relevant information from periodic reporting to detect trends or assist in performing a cross-asset control
- Develop key tools to produce metrics links to overshoot statistics, limits in place, transversal graphs and overall risk metrics deployed at Asia level
- Contribute actively to key transversal topics such as income attribution, independent price verification, VaR Back-testing summaries and trouble-shooting
- Follow up (second level) on market and counterparty risk exposure, specific, crossed risk studies on market and Counterparty Credit Risk exposure
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Engineering or similar
- Strong knowledge of the market and financial instruments that the business line oversee
- Understanding of capital market, and in particular the strategies and products
- Understanding of valuation and risk of Equity, Fixed Income and derivatives products
- Pro-active, swift, analytical, rigorous, able to multi task and work under pressure, team player
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Fluent English is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering Mechanical, Education, Agriculture, Consulting, Engineering...
Hong Kong Student Visa, Hong...
- Closing Date:7th Jul 2019, 3:00 pm