INTERN: Equity Exotics Trade Support
- Work with the Equity Exotics Middle Office Team to gain an understanding of our daily business activities.
- Work closely with different teams (Traders, Sales, Back Offices, IT) in different regions (Asia, Europe, America) to deliver a seamless client experience
- Involve in operations process improvement and automation
- Development of documentation for internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist on projects to enhance our processes such as production monitoring & reporting. This will require you to
- Work on automation & data visualization
- Identify relevant metrics
- Analyse and propose ideas that can be implemented to meet the project brief
- Studying towards a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Business Administration, Computer Science or similar
- Think out of the box; propose new ideas and solutions on identified problems or existing processes.
- Accuracy, swiftness, ability to work under pressure in trading environment.
- Well organized and good analysis skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of VBA / Python / PowerBI is a plus
- Fluent English is mandatory
- Client - Risk: I strive to satisfy clients while taking into account risks for the company
- Team Spirit - Collective mindset: I favour the team’s interest over my own results
- Innovation - Simplification: I make things & ideas simple
- Responsibility - Risk awareness: I am constantly on the lookout for risks
- Commitment - Sustainability: I strive to develop my skills and knowledge
- Client - Client focus: I put long term relationship with our clients at the center of my actions, whatever my position
This is a 3 month full-time internship with Societe Generale in Hong Kong whereby you will work within one business line / support function for the period. In order to apply for an internship opportunity with us, please ensure you are currently studying towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and that you are available for the 3 month period on a full-time basis.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 133,000 employees based in 61 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
Within Société Générale Group, you will join GBSU (Global Business Service Unit) in Hong-Kong, as trade support for Equity Exotics desk. The product scope covered is Equity Exotics and Hybrid derivatives such as equity linked notes, share accumulators, auto-callable and other exotic payoffs.
Our mission is to ensure all new trades and life cycle events are correctly reflected in the relevant information systems / database. As the first link in the Operations chain, Trade Support is also the first level of control for the business.
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:All Disciplines
- Work rights:Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
- Locations:Hong Kong
- Closing Date:6th Apr 2023, 3:00 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.