The candidate will work within the EQD Asia (Equities & Derivatives) desk in Hong Kong and be dedicated to the Business Management Office team.
The candidate will work on the following tasks:
- Assist Business Management Office (BMO) and Management on the follow up of the activity (PnL, Costs, Headcounts)
- Project Management – Lead and/or support projects within the business line
- Provide operational support to day-to-day Business (Sales and Traders plus interaction with Support)
- Control operational risks (perform, monitor and develop controls)
- Help Heads of Trading Desks on Management presentations (requires a good understanding of financial products and operational efficiency)
- Develop tools (python, VBA) to automate processes as well as using data analyst tools (Power BI, Tableau) for activity monitoring or specific studies
- You are closed to complete your Master degree (or equivalent) from Engineering or Business School or University with a specialization in in Finance, Management or similar
- Previous experience in an Investment Bank or an Investment Company is preferred
- Fluent English is mandatory , as well as IT skills (development in python, VBA)
The Internship assignment in a nutshell:
- This Internship in Hong Kong is to begin as soon as possible. It will last 6 months.
- Team Spirit - Synergies: I make cooperation with colleagues in and outside my team a priority
- Innovation - Thinking out of the box/Creativity: I propose new ideas and solutions
- Innovation - Technology: I adopt new technologies in the solutions and projects I work on
- Responsibility - Risk awareness: I am constantly on the lookout for risks
- Commitment - Care: I demonstrate consideration for others
- Commitment - Sustainability: I strive to develop my skills and knowledge
WHY JOIN US
As soon as you arrive, you will be integrated into our teams and will learn every day alongside our experts, who will support you in your tasks. Gradually, you will become more independent in your projects, making this experience a real career accelerator.
You will also discover all the diversity of our businesses, in a sector that is constantly evolving and innovating.
At Societe Generale, we are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of tomorrow will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious.
Whether you’re joining us for a period of months, years or your entire career, together we can have a positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating and taking action are part of our DNA.
If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful on a daily basis and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during their working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional integration, participating in the financial education of young apprentices, and sharing their skills with charities. There are many ways to get involved.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
The candidate will join Global Market division. SGCIB MARK Asia department offers to regional and worldwide customers a panel of derivatives solutions on a broad range of products, encompassing stocks, indices, warrants, ETF, plain vanilla and exotic options, execution services on almost all Asian markets. We mainly serve institutional (Hedge Funds, Asset Manager, Banks…) but also retail investors and provide hedging solutions and risk management strategies. Capitalizing on our true global platform, SG CIB provides round-the-clock extensive pricing capabilities on derivatives, denominated in all major currencies.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Job type:Internships
- Work rights:
Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
- Closing Date:28th Jul 2021, 3:00 pm