As a software engineer, you will join a cross-functional team in charge of delivering market gateways and market data handlers to major financial exchanges in Asia Pacific. The team is also contributing to strategic business projects by delivering new offers (internal matching, new client flow)
You will sit on the trading floor and work closely with the front office users.
- Develop, test and automate systems for market connectivity, market data handlers and internal matching
- Design resilient / distributed solutions to meet high-availability business requirements
- Focus on quality and reusability of the code produced.
- As part of our Continuous Delivery mindset, contribute to the development of automated tests, and tools for automated build and deployment. You will engage in recurrent code reviews and peer trainings.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
Curious, autonomous and passionate, you understand the problems presented and use empirical thinking to identify root causes. You make use of your knowledge and experience to deliver ingenious, simple and efficient solutions.
We are looking for a fresh graduate who holds a Bachelor or master’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, Engineering or related disciplines or less than 12 months of work experience in the financial industry.
- Knowledge with C++11/14, with supporting work experience, personal or open source projects contributions
- Quality oriented with emphasis on software design and architecture
- Previous experience in Finance is not mandatory
- Knowledge on C++17 and template metaprogramming. Curiosity in C++20
- Understanding of the multi-threading and concurrency problematics
- Knowledge on development on Linux platform
- Knowledge of network protocols and socket programming
- Knowledge of scripting languages like Python
Nice to have:
- Previous experience in market connectivity
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial solidity and a strategy of sustainable growth.
Global Banking & Investor Solutions is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Société Générale Group. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia, GBIS provides services in corporate and investment banking, asset management, private banking and securities around the world. GBIS offers to its clients integrated and tailored solutions to respond to their specific needs.
By joining the Market Access team, you will work in a multi-cultural environment, fostering work/life balance. You will join a fast-growing team, encouraging exploration of new technologies and ideas, with a flat management structure.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Administration, Agriculture, Architecture, Actuary, Arts...
Hong Kong Student Visa, Hong...
- Closing Date:30th Sep 2019, 3:00 pm