As a software engineer, you will join a cross-functional team in charge of delivering market gateways and market data handlers to major financial exchanges in Asia Pacific. The team is also contributing to strategic business projects by delivering new offers (internal matching, new client flow)
You will sit on the trading floor and work closely with the front office users.
- Develop, test and automate systems for market connectivity, market data handlers and internal matching
- Design resilient / distributed solutions to meet high-availability requirements
- Focus on quality and reusability of the code produced. As part of our Continuous Delivery mindset, contribute to the development of automated tests, and tools for continuous build and automated deployment. You will engage in recurrent code reviews and peer trainings."
Curious, autonomous and passionate, you understand the problems presented and use empirical thinking to identify root causes. You make use of your knowledge and experience to deliver ingenious, simple and efficient solutions.
Academic Background and Certifications, Experience:
Recent Graduate with Bachelor, Master in Computer Science or related disciplines or less than 12 months of working experience in financial industries"
- Experience with C++14 (including personal or open source projects contributions)
- Preferred qualifications:
- Knowledge with C++17
- Experience on Python
- Technical background in Linux
- Previous experience in Finance is not mandatory
- Quality oriented with emphasis on software design and architecture
- Client - Understanding and Respect: I listen to clients and colleagues in order to understand and anticipate their needs
- Client - Client focus: I put long term relationship with our clients at the center of my actions, whatever my position
- Team Spirit - Open mindset: I listen and share my views and my expertise in an open mode
- Team Spirit - Synergies: I make cooperation with colleagues in and outside my team a priority
Responsibility - Performance: I strive for high performance
Commitment - Sustainability: I strive to develop my skills and knowledge
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
Our expertise in the Asia Pacific region ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Securities Services, Trade Finance and Cash Management Services. Leveraging on our formidable global footprint, we serve corporates, financial institutions and the public sector. With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong, we operate in 11 countries across Asia Pacific, employing over 6,600 employees. You can find us in Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, Mumbai, Sydney and other locations in the region.
At Societe Generale we have developed – and continue to develop – advanced programmes to support your career development. A diverse and comprehensive Learning & Development programme, a Junior programme for graduates and a Remuneration policy that stimulates your growth are just a few examples that illustrate how we help you to fulfill yourself personally and professionally, and how we develop your ability to adapt to ever-changing environments and transform challenges into opportunities.
By joining the “Electronic Market Making” entity, you will work in a multi-cultural environment, fostering work/life balance. You will join a fast-growing team, encouraging exploration and implementation of cutting-edge technologies and ideas, with a flat management structure.
You will also work closely with our front office (Trading desks) and develop your functional knowledge about financial markets.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering Mechanical, Education, Consulting, Hospitality Sports...
Hong Kong Student Visa, Hong...
- Closing Date:20th Jun 2020, 3:00 pm