Feb 2023 Intake: Global Markets Trainee - Sales & Trading
About Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank (Crédit Agricole CIB)
Crédit Agricole CIB is the corporate and investment banking arm of Credit Agricole Group, the 10th largest banking group worldwide in terms of balance sheet size (The Banker, July 2022). More than 8,900 employees across Europe, the Americas, Asia-Pacific, the Middle East and Africa support the Bank's clients, meeting their financial needs throughout the world. Crédit Agricole CIB offers its large corporate and institutional clients a range of products and services in capital markets activities, investment banking, structured finance, commercial banking and international trade. The Bank is a pioneer in the area of climate finance, and is currently a market leader in this segment with a complete offer for all its clients.
For more information, please visit www.ca-cib.com
Eligible candidates should be completing their degree requirements by December 2022 and are available to start working in February 2023. Trainee contract is one year to begin with and renewable for up to two years in total.
The candidate will join Credit Agricole CIB Global Markets Division, which provides a wide range of Fixed Income, Equity and Securitization products and services for corporates and financial institutions locally and globally:
- Global Markets Trading manages all cash and derivatives product risks, and is comprised of Macro and Non Linear Trading desks.
- Global Markets Sales bring together Fixed Income and Equity expertise to service our clients, and is comprised of Flow Sales, Solution Sales, and Corporate Sales teams.
- Global Markets Structuring build on our innovation skillset, supporting the Banks clients by offering them creative and bespoke risk solutions of various underlying.
- Global Markets Research comprised of strategists and economists dedicated to providing customized cutting-edge market analysis across G10 and Emerging Market economies for clients.
- Sales and Trading Division trainee will join one of the functions above depending on the candidate’s skillset and the teams’ requirements. Main responsibilities include but not limited to the below:
- Support daily operations of the desk: profit & loss calculations; risk positions monitoring, risk limit checks, ticket inputs and reconciliation, client servicing, deal pricing and execution, term sheet drafting, liaison with different teams across the bank to ensure smooth functioning of the business etc.
- Support business development projects: for example, market research, data analysis, presentation material production, spreadsheet improvements etc
- Develop skills required to be a trader, sales, research analyst, or structurer
- Master/ Bachelor degree holders, with strong academic background in Accounting, Financial Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Economics or Engineering with less than 12 months’ full-time experiences
- Strong analytical skills and quantitative skills, prior experience in capital markets products will be an advantage
- Strong analytical skills and quantitative skills
- Strong communication and problem solving skills with ability to provide solutions
- Strong interests in financial markets
- Strong presentation and marketing skills
- Self-motivated and hardworking with a strong sense of commitment and responsibility
- Responsible, self-initiative, positive attitude, attentive to details & hardworking
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, VBA and other PC applications
- Fluent in both written and spoken English, Mandarin/ Cantonese is a plus
Please apply for this role on our Career Website. A rewarding package will be offered to successful candidate. We also provide you with medical, life insurance benefits and provident fund scheme.
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the employer’s personal data policies, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Accounting, Banking and Finance, Economics, Marketing...
- Work rights:Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
- Locations:Hong Kong
- Closing Date:28th Feb 2023, 3:59 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.