Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength - delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately - is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 320,000 subscribers globally.
You're the type of person who has a real passion for taking raw numbers and helping to turn them into actionable insights for the world's business and financial decision makers. If you have a natural eye for detail, an interest in the financial markets, and you thrive in a team environment, you could be just who we're looking for.
What's Global Data all about?
Bloomberg runs on data, and our Global Data department is responsible for finding it and supplying it to our clients. Our Market Data Analysts collect, analyze and present the data on the iconic Bloomberg Terminal- the data which ultimately moves the financial markets. They apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and they implement technology solutions to improve our systems and processes, while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
What's in it for you?
As an intern in our Global Data team working alongside our Market Data Analysts, you will:
- Gain hands-on exposure to our systems, processes, clients and the financial markets in general
- Discover how we maintain the standards of accuracy and timeliness for which our data is famous
- Learn how we assist our clients with data-related queries
- Carry-out interesting, hands-on tasks and projects which directly impact our systems and clients
You can expect to be mentored by one of our experienced Analysts throughout your time with us, and we will make sure that you have a performance evaluation before the end of your internship- just so that you know how we think you've done, and to give you some tangible areas to continue to develop.
What we look for?
- Penultimate year students who are available to work for 10 weeks between June and August 2020
- You must graduate by 2021
- Prior coursework or involvement with the financial markets
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong project management and organizational skill
- Ability to adapt to a fluid environment
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English and Chinese is a must
- Exposure to marketing, statistics and/or software programming
- Strong aptitude for problem solving, plus the drive to think creatively
We'd love you to have:
- Experience in applying market knowledge and converting financial data into meaningful analysis for evaluating performance of economy/stocks/financial products.
- Knowledge or experience in information technology or statistical analysis or computer programming (e.g. VBA, R, Java, Python, SQL)
- Strong knowledge in data management related disciplines such as data modelling and database management
- Knowledge or experience with Natural Language Processing or Machine Learning
- Previously interned in finance, business management or data/research
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing
- Job type:Internships
Engineering Mechanical, Education, Agriculture, Consulting, Engineering...
Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
- Closing Date:30th Nov 2019, 3:59 pm