At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Our portfolio is organized into six segments - Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF’s Asia Pacific regional headquarters is located in Hong Kong and had 390 employees by the end of 2020.
Dispersions & Resins Asia Pacific (A-EDA) play an important role in our everyday lives. They are invisible high-performance components in many products. Dispersions Asia Pacific give essential properties to paints, paper, adhesives, fibers and construction materials.
Objectives of the Position:
Reporting to the Head of Regional Industry Business Management, Asia Pacific, you will work closely with business & functional leaders and serve as a consultant to the business, spearheading strategic business or operational projects for our multiple hundred million Euros business.
Based on your background, capabilities, and aspirations, we will match you with a project and let you take the topic forward independently. All the projects are designed for you to experience the day-to-day of a chemical business run and prepare you for a future career with BASF.
What You Will Do
- Develop a product launch roadmap for the business in close collaboration with Regional Marketing & R&D teams.
- Manage a B2B product launch in the Asia Pacific region with a primary focus on Promotion in the Marketing Mix.
- Develop suitable cost benchmarks for production assets to understand competitive market positioning.
- Devise learning curriculum to train and upskill the technical capability of our customer facing colleagues.
- Explore business opportunities of untapped new market segments in the region and plan market development activities.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Students of Bachelor’s/ Master’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Science, or other related disciplines.
- Commitment to a 6-month full time internship from November 2021 onwards.
- Keen interest in applying chemical knowledge to your everyday lives, and exploring how does chemical business run in Asia Pacific.
- Previous project, coursework and internship experience in application & formulation laboratory will be a plus.
- Excellent proficiency in oral and written English. Proficiency in Mandarin / Chinese languages will be a plus.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Stream, MS Form).
- Comfortable and confident with working in an intercultural environment.
- Job type:Internships
Engineering Chemical Processing, Science
- Closing Date:26th Oct 2021, 6:00 pm