As a team member of actuarial project, execute assigned actuarial works including methodology development and assessments, modelling, process design and set up and impact analysis in meeting project objectives and required deliverables
What You Will Do
- Assist to perform actuarial calculation meeting the project objectives (IFRS 17 and other projects as designated) and provide accurate results and meaningful conclusions.
- Assist in actuarial data, model and process set up, user acceptance test and evaluation for IFRS 17.
- Assist in performing financial projection and financial analyses to support the stakeholders in understanding the financial management under IFRS 17 contexts.
- Assist in documentation of actuarial methodology, process, control etc. as required.
- Perform ad-hoc projects as assigned by supervisor.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Degree holder in Actuarial Science or equivalent.
- Internship experience will be an advantage.
- Some progress of actuarial exams of SOA or other actuarial professional organizations.
- Strong insurance/actuarial knowledge.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and VBA.
- Good command of English.
- Actuarial Internship experience.
Soft/Transferable Competencies Required:
- Good problem solving & analytical skills.
- Independent, self-motivated and responsible.
- Ability to work independently and responsibly.
- Strong attention to detail and desire to produce a high-quality work product and learn.
- Good time management and thrives on working flexibly under sometimes challenging project-based timescales.
- Leadership - Ability to contribute, with limited supervision, to the implementation of the Company’s frameworks / new initiatives.
- Interpersonal skills and collaboration - Working effectively and cooperatively with others: establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Communication - Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals and groups, verbally and in writing, in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Presentation / influencing skills - Able to engage and influence cross functional and external stakeholders and manage a balance between potentially conflicting priorities/considerations.
- Analysis/Problem solving ability to proactively identify, and initiate actions required for the company to change regulatory requirements.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills to work across multiple disciplines.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Actuarial Studies
- Locations:Hong Kong
- Closing Date:3rd Feb 2022, 6:00 pm