Here at Wiley Edge, we pair talented graduates with leading global businesses. We’re always on the lookout for ambitious graduates to join the Wiley Edge Alumni Graduate Program, kick-starting your tech career within an entry-level Software Developer role and working onsite with a leading investment bank, located in Hong Kong.
Our 24-month graduate program begins with 6 weeks of paid training and career coaching, where you’ll learn everything you need to hit the ground running as a Software Developer.
What you’ll do
If successful, you’ll work with one of our clients as a software developer designing, building, testing and maintaining scalable and stable off the shelf application or custom-built technology solutions.
- Participate and contribute in the entire implementation process for new applications and enhancements to existing applications
- Provide input on the overall solution design
- Build and test applications
- Meet with business partners to understand business needs
- Conduct root cause analysis and implement basic performance tuning
- Responsible for ensuring the solution meets business needs
What you need:
- B.S., Computer Science, MIS or within a STEM related subject
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Development experience
- Solid software engineering principles (data structures, OO, design patterns, multithreading)
- Good trouble shooting and debugging skills
- Understanding of COBOL, JAVA, JSP, Supertool, PL/SQL, UNIX shell scripting, etc. Amisys, Facets or other claims management system experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of database concepts (SQL, stored procs, schema design)
- Understanding of the formal software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Understanding of test-driven development
What you’ll receive:
- Fully paid, in-depth and interactive training with a diverse group of like-minded graduates, delivered by experts with working knowledge of the field.
- A competitive graduate salary
- Pay increases every 6 months
- A flexible benefits package
- Ongoing training and pastoral care
- Invaluable industry experience and the opportunity to start a career in a desirable and competitive industry
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Accounting, Actuarial Studies, Administration, Agriculture, Architecture,...
- Work rights:Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
- Locations:Hong Kong
- Closing Date:14th Dec 2022, 3:59 pm