Economist Impact, health policy practice specializes in evidence-based insights and analysis that create impact for leading companies, governments and organizations. Whether informing internal strategic decision making or raising awareness and understanding of an emerging global issue, our interdisciplinary team brings rigor and creativity to analyzing the intersection of policy, markets, technology and society. Leveraging the strengths of the Economist Group, we then craft compelling and accessible narratives to communicate these insights to a global audience.
The Health Policy practice offers an unbiased view of how to achieve better care, globally but with local relevance. Through trained clinicians, industry consultants, policy & health communication specialists and cross-societal experts, we provide roadmaps for establishing best in class interventions and game changing approaches. Our trusted brand and compelling content facilitate unparalleled engagement with key stakeholders in health and a wider audience for practical, actionable dialogue on how best to evolve systems, innovations and collaborations.
Currently we are seeking a highly motivated and talented health policy intern to augment our dynamic, global team and growing Health Policy practice.
The intern will meaningfully participate in projects around evidence-based clinical research and health policy analyses that drive effective organizational decisions and impactful external engagement.
This is a 6-month, paid full-time internship based in our Hong Kong (currently remote).
What You Will Do
How you will contribute:
- Participate in project teams with healthcare analysts on multi-country engagements for government / NGO / industry clients.
- Assist with evidence-based analyses such as literature reviews, disease burden studies, health policy analysis and international benchmarking.
- Use diverse project methodologies, including primary research, literature searches, data analysis, all supporting compelling deliverables and relevant conclusions.
- Increase your exposure to key therapeutic areas, policy developments and global health systems.
- Learn from our business development executives about how to develop "winning" proposals from leads and RFPs generated by interpreting client needs, conceptualizing the project framework, defining clear project approaches and output, and demonstrating knowledge of our business.
- Learn about the public and private health sector landscape across Asia and how it relates globally.
- Learn about Economist Health Policy solutions and broader organizational capabilities.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated experience and/or exposure to health (either in public or private sector), preferably with a policy focus.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field (i.e., science, health policy); current enrollment in a Master’s programme is a plus.
- Proven experience in evidence-based, health related analyses with qualitative and quantitative components.
- Exposure to health policy / system trends and issues; ideal candidate would have exposure to international markets.
- Exceptional command of written and spoken English.
- Intellectual curiosity, with highly analytical, organized and meticulous research skills.
- An ability to utilize a variety of evidence-based approaches.
- Capacity to learn unfamiliar topics quickly and produce deliverables with occasionally ambiguous input.
- Good teamwork through transparent and effective communications, the ability to work well with people at all levels of an organization.
- Versatility, and an ability to think both inside and outside of the box.
- Job type:Internships
Health, Health Policy and Administration, Science
- Closing Date:30th Oct 2021, 6:00 pm