Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients’ projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ over 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
The department’s mission statement is to develop a worldwide business franchise in the Natural Resources, Energy and Infrastructure sector by providing clients with financing solutions as well as providing advisory services.
The Natural Resources & Infrastructure Financing Group provides a full range of finance and advisory services for producers, traders, processors and end-users of energy, metals and soft commodities as well as public sector through four key platforms: (1) Energy group, (2) Metals & Mining finance group, (3) Traders, Commodity finance & Agribusiness group and (4) Infrastructure finance, as well as Global Markets Commodities joint venture.
The Metals & Mining Finance team is in charge of structured financing and advisory services for metals & minerals sector players as well as financing of large and diversified mining companies.
- Assist in all aspects of the marketing process including market research
- Put together pitch books
- Assist in keeping internal pipeline of opportunities up-to-date
- Assist in all aspects of the credit process including usage of internal tools
- Prepare credit applications
- Perform financial modelling tasks
- Ensure that all credit and marketing material is completed in a timely manner and to the expected standard
- Assist for KYC, compliance check and other internal processes related to clients on-boarding / review
- Learn about fundamentals and keep up to date with changes in the natural resources markets
- Work jointly with other Business Lines as the case may be, including M&A, Commodities and Risk Department
- Assist in reporting tools
- Currently studying towards a Bachelors or Masters degree in Accounting, Finance, Legal, Engineering or similar
- Good knowledge of accounting and finance and/or legal, e.g. proof of some professional exams or selective subjects in accounting and finance and/or legal during university study would be an advantage
- Basic knowledge of credit and risk assessment, cross border loan or/and project finance is preferred but not a must
- Demonstrate the capacity to work in a team environment, on collective success
- Demonstrate willingness to learn and deliver assigned task under tight deadline
- Display responsibility and act ethically
- Display commitment, demonstrating consideration for others
- Fluency in English and Mandarin is mandatory, other Asian language would be a plus
Please specify your availabilities for the internship on your resume.
This is a 1-3 month internship with Societe Generale in Hong Kong whereby you will work within one business line / support function for the period. In order to apply for an internship opportunity with us, please ensure you are currently studying towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and are available for the 1-3 month period.
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Administration, Agriculture, Architecture, Actuary, Arts...
Other, Hong Kong Student Visa,...
- Closing Date:20th Jul 2019, 3:00 pm