You will be in charge of facilitating trading desks on ad-hoc reporting and analysis needs linked to P&L and risk. On top of that automation through tool creation/enhancement will take a significant part of your time. Your mission will consist of (but not be limited to):
End User Computing tools maintenance/enhancement/creation:
- Maintain and enhance existing End-User Computing software written in VBA or python
- Work closely with Front Office to improve their processes and prepare integration into global tools
- Lead new development project independently:
- Communicate with users to get new enhancement
- Study impact of new requests on existing applications and processes
- Deliver enhancement on budget and on time
- Propose innovative technical solutions and implement them using the latest technologies
- Produce and certify the daily risk analysis to FO for intraday hedging
- Assist the business on specific requests
- Set up new risk analysis/sensitivities when needed
- Optimize process
- Develop new tools
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Economics or similar
- Previous relevant experience is preferred
- Good team player, innovative and self-motivated
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and quick to adapt
- Good communication skills
- Fluent English is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12-month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients’ projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ over 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
Trader Assistant (TDA) is a support function department within Global Markets Business Management Office. The primary mission of the department is to produce, analyze unofficial (intraday) risks and P&L which are only designed for Front-Office.
The activities covered by Trader Assistants include Equities & Derivatives, Fixed Income & Currencies. As a regional hub of Asia Pacific, HK TDA’s function covers activities in countries such as Hong Kong, Singapore, Korea, Japan, Taiwan, India, China and Australia.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Hong Kong Student Visa, Hong...
- Closing Date:2nd Jul 2020, 3:00 pm