- Develop tactical tools to streamline daily processes
- Support trading team in day-to-day operations
- Develop knowledge on securities finance activities and their relationship with broader markets activities
- Develop understanding of operational processes
- Develop understanding of the IT setup and suggest ways of improving them
- Establish good relationships with sales and other departments
- Hold a relevant Masters degree in Finance, Engineering, Maths, Machine Learning or similar
- Previous experience in a trading floor environment is a plus
- Microsoft Office, in particular Excel; good coding skills in VBA and/or Python
- Proven analytical, computer and interpersonal skills as well as writing, communication and presentations skills
- Strong team player who can demonstrate creativity and initiative
- Strong interest in financial markets and understanding of complex products
- Fluent English is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
- Team Spirit - Synergies: I make cooperation with colleagues in and outside my team a priority
- Team Spirit - Collective mindset: I favour the team’s interest over my own results
- Team Spirit - Open mindset: I listen and share my views and my expertise in an open mode
- Innovation - Simplification: I make things & ideas simple
- Innovation - Thinking out of the box/Creativity: I propose new ideas and solutions
- Innovation - Technology: I adopt new technologies in the solutions and projects I work on
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
Trading Team is in charge of managing inventory needs of SG internal desks as well external clients. The Trainee will cover all Asian markets except Japan. Due to the nature of the desk, the trainee will need to familiarize themselves with trading strategies used by internal desks and clients as well as the associated derivatives traded by the SFS team.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
- Closing Date:28th Jul 2021, 3:00 pm