- Assist trade finance team in promoting international trade solutions and ongoing servicing of customers
- Support Senior Sales Manager to prepare sales presentations and in structuring tailor made trade finance solutions for corporate & investment banking clients
- Support Senior Sales Manager in planning and executing sales initiatives, modification of existing services, development of marketing strategies and establishment of sales objectives
- Contact with clients when necessary for KYC, facility implementation, transaction follow-up etc.
- Assist in new products implementation and new projects if any
- Work closely with various departments within the bank and across different geographies for all trade finance-related topics
- Hold a relevant Bachelor or Master degree
- Preferably to have other internship experiences
- Client centric mindset and behaviour
- A team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent command of MS Office (particularly Excel & powerpoint)
- Fluent in both spoken and written English and Chinese (both Mandarin and Cantonese)
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
Trade Finance is part of Global Transaction & Payment Services (GTPS) Business Unit. Leveraging from a large Trade Finance network, Societe Generale accompanies exporters and importers by securing and financing their international trade transactions by offering a full range of products and services such as international guarantees, standby letters of credit, letters of credit, supply chain finance and receivables financing.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
- Closing Date:28th Jul 2021, 3:00 pm