Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients’ projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ over 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
IT infrastructure department under Global Technical Services (GTS) is one of the major stakes for the bank and is at the heart of Societe Generale group's strategy.
Today, the Digital Transformation raises important challenges around IT Architecture, Infrastructure and Security.
Many of these challenges are opportunities to imagine new experiences for our clients and new way to deliver IT services.
Within the Resources and Innovation division, GTS department plays a key role in the Digital Transformation.
With more than 3500 GTS staff located across the world, GTS develops innovative projects while delivering operational excellence for infrastructure services to 148,000 employees and 32 million external clients.
GTS staff motivation comes from the new technologies they deliver to enhance agility of the various business lines (Cloud, Big Data, Continuous Delivery).
- Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain software to manage on-premise cloud and hosting infrastructures
- Solve problems related to mission critical infrastructure by building automation to prevent problem recurrence
- Measure and monitor software usage and behavior and define necessary improvements
- Engage in incident response to restore production services involving software issues
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or similar
- Knowledge in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl or Ruby
- Knowledge with object-oriented programming, algorithms, data structures,
- Knowledge in UNIX/Linux environments and/or cloud technologies is a plus
- Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting scalable distributed systems
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed (preferred)
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Good communication skills
- Fluent English is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Administration, Agriculture, Architecture, Actuary, Arts...
Hong Kong Student Visa, Hong...
- Closing Date:9th Jun 2019, 3:00 pm