- Assist Securities Finance sales traders in their day to day activities
- Support the desk by developing/improving/maintaining trading tools and reports
- Trade bookings of stock lending, swaps, repos, FX, basis swaps, cash borrows, etc.
- Liaise and coordinate with Front Office support teams
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Engineering, Mathematics, Information Technology or similar
- Previous working experience in the financial field is preferred
- Strong Programming skills are required
- Able to work under pressure and deal with exposure to risk
- Result oriented, determined and able to make reliable decisions
- Fluent English is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients’ projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ over 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
The Trainee will assist Securities Finance sales traders in their day to day activities and develop/improve trading tools. After receiving training on all the major duties, the trainee is expected to become gradually independent and be able to perform numerous tasks independently and efficiently while informing the team on the development progress.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering Mechanical, Education, Consulting, Hospitality Sports...
Hong Kong Student Visa, Hong...
- Closing Date:1st May 2020, 3:00 pm