- Assist in all aspects of the marketing process including market research
- Put together pitch books
- Assist in all aspects of the credit process including credit applications
- Ensure that all credit and marketing material is completed in a timely manner and to the expected standard
- Keep up to date with developments in the natural resources and electromobility sectors
- Work jointly with other Business Lines as the case may be
- Assist in reporting tools
- Hold a Bachelors or Masters degree in Accounting, Finance, Legal, Engineering or similar degree
- Good knowledge of accounting and finance and/or legal, e.g. proof of some professional exams or selective subjects in accounting and finance and/or legal during university study would be an advantage
- Basic knowledge of credit and risk assessment, cross border loan or/and project finance is preferred but not a must
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrate the capacity to work in a team environment, on collective success
- Demonstrate willingness to learn and deliver assigned task under tight deadline
- Display responsibility and act ethically
- Display interests in the mining, metals and industries sectors
- Fluent English and Mandarin is mandatory. Other Asian language would be a plus.
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
- Commitment - Sustainability: I strive to develop my skills and knowledge
- Team Spirit - Collective mindset: I favour the team’s interest over my own results
- Responsibility - Accountability: I make decisions in my scope of responsibilities
- Innovation - Simplification: I make things & ideas simple
- Client - Understanding and Respect: I listen to clients and colleagues in order to understand and anticipate their needs
- Commitment - Care: I demonstrate consideration for others
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 133,000 employees based in 61 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
The GLBA/NAT mission statement is to develop a worldwide business franchise in the Natural Resources, Energy and Infrastructure sector by providing clients with financing solutions as well as providing advisory services.
The Natural Resources & Infrastructure Financing Group provides a full range of finance and advisory services for producers, traders, processors and end-users of energy, metals and soft commodities as well as public sector through four key platforms: (1) Energy+, (2) Mining, Metals and Industries, (3) Traders, Commodity finance & Agribusiness group, and (4) Infrastructure finance.
The Mining, Metals and Industries Finance team provides structured corporate finance and project finance funding, and advisory solutions to miners, metals producers, and players in downstream industries including recycling and batteries of electric vehicles.
As an trainee in the Mining, Metals and Industries Finance team, the candidate’s primary mission will be to support the team
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Accounting, Actuarial Studies, Administration, Agriculture, Architecture,...
- Work rights:Hong Kong Citizen, Hong Kong...
- Locations:Hong Kong
- Closing Date:20th Dec 2022, 3:00 pm