Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients’ projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ over 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
The Risk department at SG is looking for a Trainee to join the Metrics & Consolidation (XBC) team under Risks on Market Activities (RMA) AND Asset Liability Management. An ideal candidate should have good understanding of risk and also of OTC derivatives. Knowledge of or experience with VBA coding and international regulations will be a plus.
The Cross-Business Consolidation Team mandate mainly consists of the following:
- PnL Certification
- Market Risk and Credit Risk Certification
As the regional hub of Asia Pacific, the RISQ/RMA function covers Rates, Equities, Commodities, FX, MM in countries such as Hong Kong, Singapore, Korea, Japan, Taiwan, India, China and Australia.
- The role requires close co-operation with worldwide teams and various departments in the region. The principal missions of the position would consist of:
- Monitor risk metrics and certification to suit the needs within the local regulatory context in Asia
- Provide coverage and governance around local specific risk certification process
- Enhance coverage within the region on global XBC process including market risk, counterparty risk, XVA, RWA, Margining, and PNL etc.
- Assist with other regulatory topics as required
- Hold a relevant Bachelor or Masters degree in Finance, Risk management, Engineering, Mathematics or similar
- Understanding of global market activities and OTC derivatives
- Enterprising, curious, pro-active, rigorous, team spirit
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Strong Excel skill required and VBA/Python programming skill preferred
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements is a plus
- Excellent written English skills
- Fluent English is mandatory, with other Asian languages/French would be a plus
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Actuary, Administration, Agriculture, Architecture, Arts...
Hong Kong Student Visa, Hong...
- Closing Date:16th Oct 2019, 3:00 pm