TRAINEE: Market Activities Auditor
- Understand the business thoroughly, across its different business lines and locations
- Use data analytics technique for some investigation works
- Contribute to develop new tools and processes to increase audit capacity and efficiency
- Monitor continuously its evolution thanks to regular interaction with business partner
- Report audit findings/reviews to management, recommending appropriate and practical actions to address any issues identified
- Participate to the knowledge sharing initiatives amongst the market activities auditors team worldwide
- Hold a relevant Bachelor or Masters degree in Finance, Engineering, Business or similar
- Knowledge of investment banking and financial products including derivatives and of related rules and regulations
- Experience in market activities: Front Office, Operations (Middle and Back Office), Risk Controls is preferred
- Programming skills (VBA, Python…) is a plus
- Good communication, presentation and report writing skills
- Good analytical skills, at ease with data
- Positive attitude and able to work with all level of staff
- Creativity in doing audit (e.g. Identifying the key risk, designing smart controls…)
- Fluent English is mandatory, fluent Mandarin/ Cantonese is preferred
Through this traineeship, the candidate will acquire solid business knowledge around global markets activities and the various functions in an investment bank, and obtain strong experience on audit work and data analytics.
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 133,000 employees based in 61 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
The General Inspection and Internal Audit Division (IGAD) is the third line of defence, which conduct independent audits of operational entities in an objective, thorough and impartial approach.
The Trainee will assist in performing audit missions for market activities in Asia, providing an independent and objective opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of the management systems and controls.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Accounting, Actuarial Studies, Administration, Agriculture, Architecture,...
- Work rights:Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
- Locations:Hong Kong
- Closing Date:22nd Aug 2022, 3:59 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.