- Support trading team on day-to-day operations
- Maintain and improve existing spreadsheets and tools used by the desk
- Develop on specific products a deep understanding and knowledge of parameters impact on pricing
- Develop new products and strategies under the lead of a senior trader
- Look at the risk systems and tools, and understand book deformations
- Establish good relationships with sales and structuring departments
- Hold a relevant Masters degree in Finance, Engineering, Math, Machine Learning or similar
- Previous experience in a trading floor environment is a plus
- Microsoft Office, in particular Excel; good coding skills in VBA and/or Python
- Proven analytical, computer and interpersonal skills as well as writing, communication and presentations skills
- Strong team player who can demonstrate creativity and initiative
- Strong interest in financial markets and understanding of complex products
- Fluent English is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients’ projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ over 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
Trading Team is in charge of executing equity derivatives trades on behalf of clients, and risk managing the resulting exposure on the banks’ trading books. The Trainee will cover all equity derivatives products, with a specific focus on exotic options. By nature of the trades, the trainee will also have to familiarize himself with secondary position risks on the following asset classes (Rates, Credit, Foreign exchange).
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
- Closing Date:30th Oct 2020, 3:59 pm