- Manage users’ requests and incidents flows by gathering the information from the different communication channels
- Help develop solutions and use technologies e.g. Java, C#, Python
- Monitors systems by using the information system’s monitoring tools. Ensures that these tools are in line with our needs and takes initiatives to improve their efficiency
- Leads investigations to resolve problems independently. Formalizes problems and escalates to the next level of support or development team when need be
- Engage and improve the Follow-the-Sun model and leverage on our global setup working closely with our Paris and New York offices
- Estimates the risks and opportunities in our day to day job, and take initiatives to reduce the risks and improve our efficiency
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar
- Must Have UNIX and SQL, Java, Python is an advantage
- Willing to learn quickly, work under pressure directly with the desk and peers
- Able to trouble shoot quickly, be mentally ready to know where the problem is and apply workaround solutions due to market sensitivities and obligations
- Fluent in English is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12-month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full-time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients’ projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ over 10,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
Join a team of IT professionals to provide technical support and develop solutions to users of GBIS Market information systems, with a focus on Equities & Derivatives, Exotic products’ and trading activities on Cross-asset products for sales, traders and operations.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Hong Kong Student Visa, Hong...
- Closing Date:30th Aug 2020, 3:00 pm