- Assist with trade capture of product and deals in the in-house information systems (FO to BO) based on documentation (term sheets, tickets) provided by FO
- Control of bookings initiated by FO
- Ensure booking accuracy and timeliness, provide justification for any late booking and amend/cancel, develop and deploy relevant action plan to reduce the associated KPI
- Monitor of lifecycle events. Ensure integration of fixings, calculations of coupons and early termination decisions
- Support Forex desks in their daily IT requests
- Work with local and global counterparts: raise issues
- Create and maintain functional/technical/user documentation
- Morning Routine check on applications
- Investigate and propose solutions to automate processes and ensure production stability.
- Contribute to improving the application through the initiation of enhancements and bug fixes and follow-up (UAT on deliveries)
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Engineering, Computer Science or similar
- Understanding of trader’s job and hedging decision making
- Strong and sharp analytical skills
- Good energy. Ability to handle high trade volumes and some pressurized situations
- Some knowledge in database programming including dealing with SQL.
- Some knowledge in IT systems and languages (C#, Python, VBA)
- Exceptional team-player mindset and excellent communication skills
- Fluent English is mandatory
- Knowledge of Forex products is a plus
- Client - Understanding and Respect: I listen to clients and colleagues in order to understand and anticipate their needs
- Team Spirit - Synergies: I make cooperation with colleagues in and outside my team a priority
- Innovation - Thinking out of the box/Creativity: I propose new ideas and solutions
- Commitment - Care: I demonstrate consideration for others
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
You will join a feature team supporting the Front Office in the Global Forex (Spot, Forward, Swap and Option) space.
Your mission is to ensure all trades and events on the Front office position are correctly reflected in the relevant IT system/ database in order mainly:
- for the Operations chain to be able to ensure a smooth settlement/confirmation for all operations,
- for Front Office to have a clear and honest vision of their position and risk,
- for Front Office to have a good IT production
- for Finance to be able to compute/produce economic and accounting PNL in due time
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
- Closing Date:28th Jul 2021, 3:00 pm