- Product scope: FX Options (both vanilla and structured)
- Assist with trade capture of product and deals in the in-house information systems (FO to BO) based on documentation (term sheets, tickets) provided by FO
- Control of bookings initiated by FO
- Ensure booking accuracy and timeliness, provide justification for any late booking and amend/cancel, develop and deploy relevant action plan to reduce the associated KPI
- Monitor of lifecycle events. Ensure integration of fixings, calculations of coupons and early termination decisions
- Investigate and propose solutions to automate processes and ensure production stability
- Contribute to improving the application through the initiation of enhancements and bug fixes and follow-up (UAT on deliveries)
- Participate to the debugging and enhancing of the applications together with the developers
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Engineering, Computer Science or similar
- Understanding of trader’s job and hedging decision making
- Strong and sharp analytical skills
- Good energy. Ability to handle high trade volumes and some pressurized situations
- Good knowledge in database programming including dealing with SQL
- Good knowledge in IT systems and scripting languages (VBA, Python)
- Exceptional team-player mindset and excellent communication skills
- Fluent English is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full-time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients’ projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ over 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
You will join a feature team supporting the Front Office in the FX Options and Structure Products space.
Your mission is to ensure all trades and events on the Front office position are correctly reflected in the relevant IT system/ database in order mainly:
- for the Operations chain to be able to ensure a smooth settlement/confirmation for all operations
- for Front Office to have a clear and honest vision of their position and risk
- for Finance to be able to compute/produce economic and accounting PNL in due time
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering Mechanical, Education, Consulting, Hospitality Sports...
Hong Kong Student Visa, Hong...
- Closing Date:20th Apr 2020, 3:00 pm