- Contribute to risk and control self-assessments (RCSA)
- Support the maintenance of level 1 control framework and its implementation
- Perform periodic monitoring of KRI and control evaluation result
- Assist in preparation of management dashboard and reporting
- Engage in analysis of incidents and follow up on anomalies / open actions
- To streamline existing process and automation of manual tasks
- Participate in operational risk and permanent control change initiatives
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Economics, Risk, Technology or similar
- Previous experience ideally in audit, risk, and internal control
- Knowledge of and experience in the financial industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (including Excel Word, PowerPoint, and Power-BI)
- Ideally fluent in Excel. VBA, Coding skills and data visualization is a plus to deal with various dataset
- Enthusiastic self-starter with a “can-do” attitude and passion for delivery of high-quality solutions
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with people on site as well as people in remote locations (All APAC, Paris, Bangalore, etc.)
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous work-streams, dealing with multiple stakeholders and managing across numerous initiatives as well as ensure timely and robust delivery
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines and associated pressures, to manage work independently and to be flexible within continually changing priorities
- Display strong organization, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good attention to details, dependable and disciplined
- Strong and clear communication (verbal and written) and ability to adjust communication style to audience
- Fluent English is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 133,000 employees based in 61 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
Based in Hong Kong, the selected candidate will be part of Finance COO/CORO (Controls & Operational Risk Management). The role is to support department in charge of operational risk management and performant control framework. This includes in preventing, identifying, managing, and mitigating the operational risks; to raise awareness and steer a sound risk culture internally; enhance our risk management quality in such fast-changing environment.
The candidate will report to the Regional Manager working in close relation with APAC, Bangalore & Paris teams in Finance. Also have opportunity to work with various risk expert functions within the Group.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Accounting, Actuarial Studies, Administration, Agriculture, Architecture,...
- Work rights:Hong Kong Citizen, Hong Kong...
- Locations:Hong Kong
- Closing Date:30th Nov 2022, 3:00 pm