- Participate to the origination and execution, together with the seniors of the team, EXT Business Units and other applicable Global Banking and Advisory (GLBA) Division business lines, export finance transactions in Asia Pacific involving ECAs and/or Development Finance Instituitions (DFIs)
- Assist the senior staff in developing EXT relationship with Sinosure, the Chinese ECA, in close coordination with the coverage teams and participate to the origination and execution, together with other applicable GLBA business lines (if any), of Sinosure-covered transactions globally and whether project finance, buyer credit or other
- Contribute to development of relationship with EXT clients portfolio (Asia-based exporters / sponsors) in cooperation with the corresponding Primary Client Relationship Units (PCRUs).
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Economics or similar
- Proficient Microsoft office skills, esp. PowerPoint and Excel
- Understanding of basic banking and financing knowledge and principles
- Fluent English & Mandarin (Chinese reading and writing) is mandatory
- Client - Understanding and Respect: I listen to clients and colleagues in order to understand and anticipate their needs
- Client - Sales and Marketing Strategy: I contribute to adapt our offer to our clients'/internal partners' needs
- Team Spirit - Synergies: I make cooperation with colleagues in and outside my team a priority
- Team Spirit - Open mindset: I listen and share my views and my expertise in an open mode
- Responsibility - Accountability: I make decisions in my scope of responsibilities
- Responsibility - Performance: I strive for high performance
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
Export Finance (EXT) has global responsibility for the origination, advisory, structuring and implementation of financing for export of capital goods and associated services. This business line is responsible globally for the Group's relationships with Export Credit Agencies (ECA) and public development agencies supporting exports and overseas investments.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Hong Kong Student Visa, Hong...
- Closing Date:19th May 2021, 3:00 pm