- Assist in detection and analysis of events (Limits, coupon, maturity, migration, ...)
- Calculate the impacts and results of the events (reimbursement, payment flow, eligible position, ...)
- Follow-up and collect choices of the Front-Office or the Client on the "optional" events
- Help with modelling / propagation of events in information systems
- Control over the quality and completeness of the recorded data
- Analyse and regularise the discrepancies reported by the Control Middle Office and other stakeholders
- Notify the events treated to the stakeholders (Customer, Front-Office, Back-Office, ...)
- Enhance / develop tools to automate current process
- Follow-up of transversal issues (systems, financial, accounting ...)
- Participate in projects for the security and reliability of the control system
- Participate in impact analysis as part of the development of new activities
- Hold a Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Finance or similar
- Knowledge of Python or VBA programming is an advantage
- Ability to prioritise and multitask
- Express his/her convictions and act with courage
- Support change by proactively contributing to the change process and adapting to new constraints
- Embody the Group's values by honouring its commitments, fostering a climate of trust and knowing how to work with colleagues from different environments and cultures
- Fluent English is mandatory, any other languages would be a plus
This is a fixed term 12-month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full-time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients’ projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ over 10,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
Within Societe Generale Group, you will join the Global Banking & Investors Solutions (GBIS) division, which is in charge of the corporate and investment banking, private banking, asset management and securities businesses. You will join the IT & Operations Department, which oversees the processing and control of operations initiated by the GBIS business. Our teams guarantee the quality and reliability of transactions carried out on behalf of clients in all the different financial centers around the world.
Within the Trade Support Unit team of the IT & Operations Department, the Events Management service is responsible for managing in the different information systems the:
- Events related to the product life cycle,
- Market events,
- Exceptional events
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Hong Kong Student Visa, Hong...
- Closing Date:30th Aug 2020, 3:00 pm