- Product scope: Exotic Equity and Hybrid derivatives - Products including equity linked notes, share accumulators, auto-callable and other exotic payoffs
- Manage the lifecycle events process, including settlement calculation, limits monitoring and corporate action management
- Report to external clients and deal with client queries
- Understand internal and external client needs and coordinate with different teams to assess the impact and provide solutions
- Control over the quality and completeness of the recorded data
- Analyse and regularise the discrepancies reported by various stakeholders
- React in a timely manner to incidents and develop action plan for the long term
- Participate in projects for the security and reliability of the control system
- Enhance / develop tools to automate current process
- Participate in impact analysis as part of the development of new activities
- Hold a Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Business Administration, Computer Science or similar
- Ability to prioritise and multitask, communicate precisely and work independently
- Possess strong risk awareness
- Support change by proactively contributing to the change process and digitalization
- Knowledge of Python or VBA programming is an advantage but not compulsory
- Express his/her convictions and act with courage
- Embody the Group's values by honouring its commitments, fostering a climate of trust and knowing how to work with colleagues from different environments and cultures
- Fluent English is mandatory, any other languages would be a plus
- Client - Client focus: I put long term relationship with our clients at the center of my actions, whatever my position
- Team Spirit - Synergies: I make cooperation with colleagues in and outside my team a priority
- Team Spirit - Collective mindset: I favour the team’s interest over my own results
- Innovation - Simplification: I make things & ideas simple
- Innovation - Thinking out of the box/Creativity: I propose new ideas and solutions
- Responsibility - Performance: I strive for high performance
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 133,000 employees based in 61 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA
Within the Trade Support Unit team of the IT & Operations Department, our mission is to ensure all new trades and life cycle events are correctly reflected in the relevant information systems / database:
- for Front Office (FO) to have a clear and accurate view of their positions and risks,
- for Operations to ensure smooth settlement for all trades,
- for Finance to compute economic and accounting PnL in due time.
- for Clients to receive various notification timely
As the first link in the Operations chain, Trade Support is also the first level of control for the business.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:All Disciplines
- Work rights:Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
- Locations:Hong Kong
- Closing Date:29th Sep 2022, 3:00 pm