- Ensure that all trades are booked in the Front Office database; justify any late or amended booking
- Ensure that all trades are allocated to client accounts
- Perform reset payment pre-matching, manage trade related breaks, manage client reporting
- Answer to specific client requests related to transactions
- Management of client escalation requests
- Client onboarding operationally including portfolio wrapper set up and reporting configuration
- Streamline booking workflow through automation and process review
- Contribute in defining specifications and performing UAT for new information system or booking scheme
- Document / update procedures relate to sensitive processes and controls
- Liaise with other departments to ensure the smoothness of operational flow
- Work closely with different teams (Traders, Sales, Back Offices, IT) in different regions (Asia, Europe, America) to deliver a seamless client experience
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Engineering, Mathematics, Information Technology or similar
- Equity derivative products knowledge
- Risk focused: demonstrate operational risk detection and analysis
- Result oriented: demonstrate strong drive to achieve result while well estimate risk of own actions
- Client focus: consistently search for ways to improve client service
- Excellent communication skills: required to work with various internal partners
- Team Player: Make cooperation between colleagues, inside and outside the team, a priority
- Responsible, proactive and positive mindset
- Think out of the box; propose new ideas and solutions on identified problems or existing processes
- Accuracy, swiftness, ability to work under pressure in trading environment
- Strong and sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge in any programming language is a plus
- Fluent English is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12-month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full-time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients’ projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ over 10,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
The Equity Prime Brokerage Middle Office team sits in the Global Business Service Unit (GBSU). The team handle operational, administrative and financial processes initiated by Equity and Equity Derivative business lines. In addition, the team ensures the control and security of transaction processing in accordance with current financial legislation and firm wide controls.
Product scope: Product scope: Dynamic Portfolio Swap (DPS), Cash Equity, Fixed Income.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Hong Kong Student Visa, Hong...
- Closing Date:24th Sep 2020, 3:00 pm