Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients’ projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ over 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
You will join the Operations Department, which is in charge of the processing and control of operations initiated by the Global Banking & Investors Solutions division. Our teams guarantee the quality and reliability of transactions carried out on behalf of clients in all the different financial centres around the world.
Within the Trade Support Unit department of the Operations Department, the Events Management service is responsible for managing in the different information systems the:
- Corporate Actions and IPOs
- Events related to the product life cycle
- Market events
- Exceptional events
- Assist with the detection, processing and booking of corporate action events for Equity Vanilla products and Bonds
- Follow-up and collection of the choices of the Front-Office (FO) or the Client on the "optional" events,
- Assist with the monitoring and booking of vanilla product life cycle events in the FO and Back-Office (BO) information systems including product maturity and support of Warrant desk
- Control over the quality and completeness of the recorded data
- Analyse and regularize the discrepancies reported by the Control Middle Office and other stakeholders
- Assist with client reporting and client queries related to Events
- Follow-up of transversal issues (systems, financial, accounting ...)
- Streamline the different workflow through automation and process review (Corporate action / Product expiry / Warrant booking, Fees...)
- Participate in the impact analysis as part of the development of new activities
- Contribute to defining specifications and performing UAT for new information systems
- Ensure booking timeliness; provide justifications for any late bookings and amendments
- Write down / update procedures linked to sensitive processes and controls
- Assist FO on their specific requests with effective and innovative solutions
- React in a timely manner to incidents and develop action plan for the long term
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Engineering, Mathematics and Information Technology or similar
- Vanilla equity derivative products knowledge
- Basic knowledge on Corporate Action events and knowledge of VBA / Python programming is an advantage
- Demonstrates operational risk detection and analysis capabilities
- Result oriented: demonstrate strong drive to achieve result while well estimate risk of own actions
- Client focus: consistently search for ways to improve our client service
- Excellent communication skills; required to work with various internal partners
- Team Player: Make cooperation between colleagues, inside and outside the team, a priority
- Responsible, proactive and positive mindset
- Think out of the box, propose new ideas and solutions on identified problems or existing processes for the sake of continuous improvement
- Accuracy, swiftness, ability to work under pressure in trading environment
- Strong and sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Fluent English is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering Mechanical, Education, Agriculture, Consulting, Engineering...
Hong Kong Student Visa, Hong...
- Closing Date:18th Apr 2019, 1:00 pm