TRAINEE: Enterprise Risk Management
The proposed position will be a staff member in the Enterprise Risk Management located in Hong Kong.
- Assist to strengthen risk management framework through use of data / latest technologies to enhance controls and risk monitoring.
- Assist with automation of enterprise risk monitoring and risk appetite indicators: dashboards, alerts, escalations.
- Assist in data analytics for risk identification and monitoring process.
- Support the team to design credit risk stress test and model documentation.
- Support continuous improvement on all the tactical tools, application systems and data science projects.
- Propose innovative technical solutions and implement them using the latest technologies.
- Conduct study and other ah-hoc assignments with the support from risk experts.
A relevant Bachelor or Master degree in Finance, Risk Management, Engineering, Data Analytics or similar
- Understanding of risk management framework and global market and banking products
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, analyse and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to details and accuracy
- Strong Excel knowledge is required; Good programming skills (Python, Java, or C#)
- Experience in PowerBI data analytics and dashboard visualization implementation is a strong advantage
- Good knowledge about data management (modern database, SQL) & visual analytics is a strong advantage
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements is a plus
- Pro-active, swift, analytical, rigorous, able to multi task and work under pressure
- Display responsibility and act ethically
- Display commitment and demonstrate consideration for others
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Fluent English is mandatory, with other Asian language would be a plus
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
At Société Générale, you will be joining the Risk Division (RISQ) covering Asia- Pacific Region and its Entities.
The RISQ Division's mission is to contribute to the development of the SG Group's activity by facilitating the objectives of the Business Lines while maintaining independent oversight through risk evaluation and monitoring. The RISQ division in Asia Pacific supports all Global Banking and Investor Solutions (GBIS) activities and Business originated by Asian and Australian Entities.
The RISQ Division oversees credit/counterparty, market, liquidity, operational and model risks. Enterprise Risk is within the Risk Division and the team is responsible for the implementation of a comprehensive enterprise risk management framework that is designed to employ an integrated approach to identify, assess, monitor, and manage the risk in adherence to the risk appetite. At the same time, the team coordinates and monitors the permanent control framework with the respective controls & operational risk functions for all types of non-financial risks in conducting the business activities. The team also responsible for risk reporting, monitoring and regulatory watch covering the Asia Pacific region.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:All Disciplines
- Work rights:Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
- Locations:Hong Kong
- Closing Date:6th Apr 2023, 3:00 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.