TRAINEE: Business Management Office Assistant
The candidate will work within the EQD Asia (Equities & Derivatives) desk in Hong Kong and be dedicated to the Business Management Office team.
The candidate will work on the following tasks:
- Assist Business Management Office (BMO) and Management on the follow up of the activity (PnL, Costs, Headcounts)
- Provide operational support to day-to-day Business (Sales and Traders plus interaction with Support)
- Control operational risks (perform, monitor and develop controls)
- Help Heads of Trading Desks on Management presentations (requires a good understanding of financial products and operational efficiency)
- Maitan current or develop new tools (python, VBA) to automate processes as well as using data analyst tools (Power BI, Tableau) for activity monitoring or specific studies
- Project Management – Lead and/or support projects within the business line
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Engineering or Business Management, with a specialization in Finance, Management or similar
- Previous experience in an Investment Bank is preferred
- Fluent English is mandatory , as well as IT skills (development in python, VBA)
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
- Team Spirit - Synergies: I make cooperation with colleagues in and outside my team a priority
- Innovation - Thinking out of the box/Creativity: I propose new ideas and solutions
- Innovation - Technology: I adopt new technologies in the solutions and projects I work on
- Commitment - Care: I demonstrate consideration for others
- Commitment - Sustainability: I strive to develop my skills and knowledge
- Responsibility - Risk awareness: I am constantly on the lookout for risks
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 133,000 employees based in 61 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
The candidate will join Global Market division. SGCIB MARK Asia department offers to regional and worldwide customers a panel of derivatives solutions on a broad range of products, encompassing stocks, indices, warrants, ETF, plain vanilla and exotic options, execution services on almost all Asian markets. We mainly serve institutional (Hedge Funds, Asset Manager, Banks…) but also retail investors and provide hedging solutions and risk management strategies. Capitalizing on our true global platform, SG CIB provides round-the-clock extensive pricing capabilities on derivatives, denominated in all major currencies.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Accounting, Actuarial Studies, Administration, Agriculture, Architecture,...
- Work rights:Hong Kong Citizen, Hong Kong...
- Locations:Hong Kong
- Closing Date:7th Aug 2022, 3:59 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.