Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients’ projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ over 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
Bond Syndication team is responsible for addressing borrowers’ needs in terms of raising and managing capital in the debt capital markets.
The client base for includes corporate borrowers, financial institutions, public sector and sovereigns, as well as non-investment grade (high yield) issuers globally.
In terms of execution, the activity covers issuance of bonds of various kinds, including covered bonds, senior unsecured bonds, ABS, private placements, hybrid capital and liability management.
- Support the team’s efforts in effectively addressing clients’ borrowing needs in debt capital markets by being involved in the pricing and syndication strategy for all relevant transactions
- Contribute to monitoring and managing the execution of bond mandates (including close co-operation with distribution teams, under the supervision of senior team members). The primary duty of care of syndicate is to the borrower, yet the transactor should make sure that investors are treated fairly in this process
- Support the team’s efforts in developing and maintaining a track record of winning and executing bond mandates
- Involve in the development of advisory and product offering in line with the business’ strategy and priorities
- Involve in the development of the client base in line with Global Finance’s and SG Group’s strategy and priorities
- To support the team in internal dialogues with colleagues, notably regional/product heads in Debt Capital Market and bankers
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree Finance, Business, Economics or similar
- Ability to gather an understanding of financial analysis, including pricing dynamics, relative value analysis, hedging strategies, etc.
- Proven analytical, numerical and relevant IT skills
- Ability to understand risks (conduct, reputational, financial, etc.), and ability to act responsibly in line with SG Group Values, Code of Conduct, and other applicable rules & regulations
- Ability to contribute to the team’s efforts to build and maintain trusted internal and external client relationships
- Consistency and rigour in following up on clients’ needs and act upon team’s priorities
- Demonstrate discipline and team collaboration to develop business adapted to clients’ and markets’ needs
- Commitment to contribute to the team’s efforts for the development of new client base, advisory, and products
- Ability to work with people with diverse, international backgrounds, and act upon team’s priorities
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage competing deadlines, and to deliver on team’s priorities
- Good written and presentation skills required; ability to present topics at meetings in a clear manner
- Fluency in English and Mandarin is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering Mechanical, Education, Agriculture, Consulting, Engineering...
Hong Kong Student Visa, Hong...
- Closing Date:9th Jun 2019, 3:00 pm