Summary of responsibilities
To support the team's efforts in effectively covering clients to address their borrowing needs in markets
- Originating, executing and arranging or advising on Metals & Mining Finance transactions
- Client interaction, preparing pitches and presentations
- Reviewing term sheets and reviewing loan documentation
- Liaising with banks and consultants/advisors
To support the team's efforts in developing and maintaining a track record of winning mandates in addressing clients’ borrowing needs including
- Help seeking innovative proposals or structuring solutions to develop the team’s client offering
To contribute to the effective and responsible execution of mandates
- Cashflow modeling and credit analysis
- Contributing to preparation of credit application
- Preparing pitches, market studies, client mapping
- Dealing with internal stakeholders (Legal, RISQ, Insurance Middle Office, Syndication, IFD, CTY, KYC, etc.)
- Monitoring performance of loan portfolio and addressing waivers, annual reviews, etc.
- Adherence to internal policies and requirements
- Liaise with internal teams to optimize process and cooperation (Compliance, Legal, OPER, RISQ, etc.)
To support the development of advisory and product offering in line with MMF’s strategy and priorities
- Risk analysis and risk mitigation and be fully involved in the credit process on individual transactions
- Ongoing cooperation with other GLFI business lines including Export Finance, Structured Solutions & Leasing, Commodities, Interest Rate Derivatives, etc. regarding cross-selling opportunities
- Ongoing cooperation and interaction with Syndication regarding banking and institutional investor markets on general basis and in relation to specific transactions
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
Required competencies and experience
- Ability to gather an understanding of the loan market, its dynamics and the related instruments, to propose relevant financing solutions as part of financial modelling
- Contribute to consistent pitch material that is clear, structured, compelling, and comprehensive in addressing clients’ needs
- Responsibility – ability to understand risks (conduct, reputational, financial, etc.) for NAT, GLFI, and SG Group, and act responsibly in line with SG Group Values, Code of Conduct, and other applicable rules & regulations
- Develop understanding of the commodity markets, the factors affecting them on both the supply and demand side
- Develop understanding of the mining industry dynamics, major and emerging players and outlook for the sector
- Client orientation – ability to contribute to the team’s efforts to build and maintain trusted client relationships
- Client orientation – consistency and rigour in following up on clients’ needs and act upon team’s priorities
- Client orientation – demonstrate discipline and team collaboration to develop business adapted to clients’ and markets’ needs
- Innovation – commitment to contribute to the team’s efforts to the development of new client base, advisory, and products
- Team spirit – ability to work with people with diverse, international backgrounds, and act upon team’s priorities.
- Team spirit – learn global MMF team products and best practices
- Commitment – ability to prioritise tasks and to manage competing deadlines, and to deliver on team’s priorities. Rigor, discipline and accountability
- Communication skills – including language skills (as relevant)
- Fluent English and Mandarin is mandatory. Other Asian language would be a plus.
- Good accounting and financial knowledge
- Modeling skills for project and corporate finance
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word
- Attention to details. Meticulous in analytical and written details
The GLFI/NAT mission statement is to develop a worldwide business franchise in the Natural Resources, Energy and Infrastructure sector by providing clients with financing solutions as well as providing advisory services.
The Natural Resources & Infrastructure Financing Group provides a full range of finance and advisory services for producers, traders, processors and end-users of energy, metals and soft commodities as well as public sector through four key platforms: Energy group, Metals & Mining finance group, Traders, Commodity finance & Agribusiness group and Infrastructure finance.
GLFI/NAT/MMF is in charge of structured financing and advisory services for metals & minerals sector players as well as financing of large and diversified mining companies. GLFI/NAT/MMF could act as PCRU for companies in the mining and metals sector and is therefore also responsible for cross selling the wider banks products to these clients.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering Mechanical, Education, Agriculture, Consulting, Engineering...
Hong Kong Student Visa, Hong...
- Closing Date:7th Nov 2019, 3:59 pm