Onboarding Case Lead
The KYC Case Lead acts as the interface between clients and key internal stakeholders for new business onboardings. As a dedicated point of contact, the team is responsible for the successful integration of new clients by identifying KYC requirements, collecting and validating documents, as well as front to end monitoring of the onboarding process including Legal, Credit, Regulatory and Account setup for our business line in the region.
Responsibilities include supporting the business lines, managing their priorities, and providing transparency of the onboarding process. The team provides advisory services internally and externally and should be well versed in the latest KYC and regulatory requirements and how they are applied within our organisation. The Case Lead is accountable for the accuracy of the KYC file in line with policy and procedure and in addition is responsible for the ownership of the end-to-end onboarding process.
- Help the client/front office to understand SG’s KYC requirements and provide additional rationale as to why certain documents are being requested
- Use strong communication skills (verbal and written) to on-board new clients to the bank and ensure KYC files are consistently completed in line with policy and procedure
- Act as dedicated point of contact for clients to support end-to-end onboarding
- Manage internal communication updates between key stakeholders
- Lead prioritisation meetings with the front office and onboard in line with their designated priorities
- Ensure weekly productivity targets are met while quality remains at the highest standards
- Take responsibility for the proper management of KYC files, from the point of document collection to validation
- Work closely with our outsourcing partners and set their priorities in line with business
- Ensure the relevance, quality and accuracy of client information in SGCIB and SG Group client databases
- Understand profitability and urgency and challenge the non-standard requests
- Provide transparency, report incidents and escalate any blocking points
- Work with internal Compliance on complex files in order to mitigate risk to the bank
- Coordinate with internal departments including Legal, KYC, Credit Risk, E-Solutions and other key stakeholders to ensure timely handling and setup of accounts
- Recent Graduate with a bachelor’s or Master’s degree in finance, business administration or economics
- Fluent in English, with an Asian language being a plus
- Demonstrate the capacity to work in a team environment, on collective success
- Display responsibility and act ethically
- Display commitment, demonstrating consideration for others
- Ability to adapt quickly to challenging situations and find innovative solutions
- Ability to produce clear and concise deck on power point to support presentation/discussion
- Good communication skills
- Well organized and details oriented
- Client - Client focus: I nurture a long-term relationship with the clients/internal partners
- Team Spirit - Open mindset/Respect: I listen and share my views and my expertise in an open mode
- Team Spirit - Conflict Management: I deal with conflicts proactively and in a positive mode
- Responsibility - Accountability: I make decisions in my scope of responsibilities
- Client - Risk: I strive to satisfy clients while taking into account risks for the company
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
The Client Lifecycle & Digital Department (CLD) resides as part of the Wholesale Clients Technology & Operations division within Global Banking and Investor Solutions (GBIS).
CLD’s mission is to deliver a state-of-the art digital platform, targeting both users and clients in covering pre-trade, execution, and post-trade activities. CLD aims to grow our internal client knowledge and deliver a user-friendly experience through the client lifecycle, while mitigating risk to protect the bank.
The KYC New Business Onboarding team is a key pillar of the CLD team which support the bank’s Anti-Money Laundering / Know Your Customer (AML/KYC) system. Its mission is to ensure the bank is compliant with its obligation of client identification and due diligence on a worldwide basis and to provide the institution with adequate and complete client information.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Accounting, Actuarial Studies, Administration, Agriculture, Architecture,...
- Work rights:Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
- Locations:Hong Kong
- Closing Date:31st Oct 2022, 3:00 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.