Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients’ projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ over 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
The Risk Management (RISQ) Division in Hong Kong. Independent from the Business Lines, RISQ Division's mission is to contribute to the development of the SG Group's activity by facilitating the objectives of the Business Lines while maintaining independent oversight through risk evaluation and monitoring. The RISQ division in HK supports all the Group’s activities in the Asia-Pacific Region.
The mission of the Operational Risk Second Line of Defence department (RISQ OPE) is to provide independent, objective and leading operational risk management challenge and oversight services to assist the firm in maintaining an effective system of operational risk management.
RISQ OPE conducts the oversight of the governance, risk and control frameworks and tolerances of Operational Risk.
RISQ OPE provides proactive advice to help management identify and measure key risks, and to evaluate controls in existing and expanding businesses. An objective is to accompany the employees and raise awareness on the importance of operational risk management which is based on the principle that “everyone is an operational risk manager”.
RISQ OPE organises and/or tests the soundness and efficiency of the operational risk framework, especially on governance, risk identification and mitigation as well as permanent controls.
The department based in Hong Kong covers the ASIA PACIFIC perimeter of activities.
- Assess the operational risk framework and follow up with level one of control to ensure governance has been executed according to terms of reference
- Work with various teams to prepare for different governance meeting (eg: Operational Community meeting, CRO/ OPE governance meeting)
- Prepare PowerPoint slides for different presentations or communications
- Support the team in enhancing regional incident dashboard using Power BI to monitor the risk the bank is exposed to
- Currently studying towards a Bachelors or Masters degree in Economics, Finance, Risks or Information Technology
- Familiar with Office Power Point, Word and Excel
- Preferable: VBA, Reporting tool (Power BI)
- Preferable: Able to prepare dynamic PowerPoint presentation slides
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to details and accuracy
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner and translate the concepts to visualized presentation in PowerPoint
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrate the capacity to work in a team environment, on collective success
- Display responsibility and act ethically
- Fluent English is mandatory
Please specify your availabilities for the internship on your resume.
This is a 2-3-month internship with Societe Generale in Hong Kong whereby you will work within one business line / support function for the period. In order to apply for an internship opportunity with us please ensure you are currently studying towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and am available for the 2-3-month period.
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Administration, Agriculture, Architecture, Actuary, Arts...
Hong Kong Student Visa, Hong...
- Closing Date:31st May 2019, 3:00 pm