INTERN: IT Front Office Software Engineer – Global Market Activities
- Industrialize & Automate our monitoring tools & create new ones when necessary in order to secure the Production
- Estimate the risks and opportunities of our tools and processes, and propose initiatives to reduce the risks and improve our efficiency and rationalize them
- Work closely with algo developers on the trading floor, improve efficiency of existing process on the trading platform by software automation
- Automation of existing manual system tests on the trading platform
- Design and setup dashboard for monitoring of the trading platform
- Rationalize, Industrialize and reduce the entropy of the numerous monitoring tools, emails & script we have
- Create documentation and report regularly on issues to direct management, follows Production processes closely on incident, problem and request management, adheres to code of conduct
- Innovate, create new way of monitoring when necessary
- Currently studying towards a Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information System or similar
- Able to manage pressure by accompany business requests while seating on the trading floor
- Good knowledge on Windows environment
- Good knowledge on object orientated programming
- Good knowledge on Python
- Knowledge of Elastic Search and Grafana is a plus
- Familiar with Shell commands
- Reliability and rigor
- Good knowledge on Global Markets activities
- Proactive / Innovative
- Excellent attitude towards work, colleagues and management
- A performer, demonstrates best qualities and ability to learn quickly
- Good communication and organizational skills, analytical mind
- Fluent English is mandatory
This is a 1-3 month full-time internship with Societe Generale in Hong Kong whereby you will work within one business line / support function for the period. In order to apply for an internship opportunity with us, please ensure you are currently studying towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and that you are available for the 1-3 month period on a full-time basis.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 133,000 employees based in 61 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
Work with the algo development team for Global Market activities’ information system, mainly within an Equity environment. The aim of this internship is to deliver efficient monitoring tools, automation of software system tests and improve efficiency of existing process by applying software development skills.
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:All Disciplines
- Work rights:Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
- Locations:Hong Kong
- Closing Date:27th Mar 2023, 3:00 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.