SG CIB is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Societe Generale Group. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia. SG CIB provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
Global Markets within SG CIB in Hong Kong broadly covers Equity Derivatives, Fixed Income & Currencies and Commodities.
The Trainee will join the Emerging Trading Desk team and work closely with the Management and Traders. The main products traded are Fixed Income, Interest rate and FX products, denominated in Asian currencies.
The Trainee will work in team focusing on Emerging Market + G10 FX Spot.
- Assist the Trading team in its day to day tasks:
- Conduct onboarding tasks to trade with new counterparties
- Follow up limits (market, counterparty, regulatory, etc.)
- Booking transactions
- Reporting daily Front Office PnL estimates to the management
- Accompany IT developments and assist with the testing and validation
- Analyze the official PnL reports and understand the gaps
- Analysis and troubleshooting of miscellaneous issues
- Report issues to the management
- Produce the relevant reports to the management
- Help with the launch of new products and other projects
- Propose trade ideas and conduct back-testing to validate the strategies
- Deal with other internal trading desks and provide pricing to Sales under the supervision of the trading manager and within a strict control framework
- Currently studying towards a Bachelors or Masters degree in Engineering, Finance, Computer Science or related disciplines
- Strong programming & Computer literacy
- Initiative and entrepreneurial skills
- Ability to estimate risk
- Tenacity and being results oriented
- Good cooperation and team spirit
- Analytical skills and ability to summarize key messages
- Fluent English is mandatory, with Asian language is a plus
Please specify your availabilities for the internship on your resume.
This is a 2-3 month internship with Societe Generale in Hong Kong whereby you will work within one business line / support function for the period. In order to apply for an internship opportunity with us please ensure you are currently studying towards a Bachelors or Masters degree and am available for the 2-3 month period.
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.