Our Graduate Program is a two-year elite program with the following aims:
- Provide you with a unique opportunity to kick off your dream career
- Build solid foundations for your future growth and development
- Give you a chance to contribute to the development and success of the bank
During the two-year program, intensive and comprehensive talent management approach will be adopted to develop your skills and professional expertise:
Structured Training Curriculum:
Strong emphasis is put on the value of direct education, with a structured curriculum throughout the two years designed to continuously develop your technical, inter-personal and presentation skills. This will come in the form of classroom training, in-house sharing sessions and e-learning modules.
This will include coaching, multi-source feedback, Mentor-mentee Scheme, buddy system, opportunities to interact with members of senior management and a range of valuable networking opportunities. You will have regular access to Human Resources Business Partners and business leaders for coaching and advice, while constructive feedback will enable you to measure your performance.
We believe that learning through doing is a vital step to develop your expertise. As such, through our program you will take on functional attachments (rotations) before moving into the long-term job placement that will the best correspond to your competencies and personality.
After successful completion of the two-year rotational program, Graduates will be on track for increased responsibilities and career growth opportunities. They will be promoted and will integrate one specific team which corresponds the best to their profile within the bank.
There are two streams under the Graduate Program (Global Markets OR Global Banking and Advisory).
1. Global Markets
You will be part of the Global Markets group which brings together the Equities, Fixed Income & Currencies capabilities with the objective of providing investors with one integrated multi-asset market solutions team.
You will take on three eight-month rotations amongst the following teams.
For your first rotation, you will join one of the following transversal functions:
- Global Markets Marketing
- Business Management Office
Depending on your profile, you will follow either a Sales Stream OR a Trading Stream for the second and third rotations.
For the Sales Stream, the second and third rotations will be:
- As a Sales Assistant, you will service different types of clientele (Hedge Funds, Corporates, China Desk) or asset classes (Fixed Income, Credit, FX, Cash Equity, Equity Derivatives).
For the Trading Stream, the second and third rotations will be:
- As a Trading Assistant, you will support the desks covering Flow Products, Exotic Products or Prime Brokerage activities within any of the asset classes covered by our Hong Kong teams (Fixed Income, Credit, FX, Listed and OTC Equities).
2. Global Banking and Advisory
Global Banking and Advisory combines a transversal, product-neutral wholesale Coverage team spanning all businesses with capital raising, financing and advisory expertise.
You will take on two twelve-month rotations amongst the following teams:
Either in the five business divisions
- Investment Banking Division
- Asset Finance
- Natural Resources and Infrastructure
- Asset Backed Products
Or in the transversal function
- Coverage of corporates and financial institutions
- Credit Management Group
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
We are looking for top-notched university graduates with the following attributes and competencies
- Bachelor’s degree or above from an accredited university with excellent academic results
- Fresh graduates or candidates with less than one year’s working experience after graduation
- Passionate for a long-term career development in the banking industryStrong leadership potential and interpersonal skillsGood commercial acumen
- Superior analytical, critical-thinking and communications skills
- Self-motivated, mature, and possessing a strong drive for excellence
- Open to different ideas and cultures and enjoy being part of a team
- Ability to solve problems and propose new ideas
- Good coding skills (for example VBA and/or Python) is a plus
- Excellent command of English
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients’ projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ over 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Administration, Agriculture, Architecture, Actuary, Arts...
Hong Kong Student Visa, Hong...
- Closing Date:27th Oct 2019, 3:00 pm