An Internship in one of our business lines within Markets & Securities Services can provide the perfect insight into working in an international bank. Regardless of your degree subject, your skills and motivation could help you develop an exciting career whether that is focused on Markets (Sales and Trading), Global Research or Securities Services.
|For:||Penultimate-year students (June/July start), or final-year students and recent graduates (for off-cycle Feb/Mar start)|
|Duration:||5 to 16 weeks|
|Areas:||Markets - Markets (off-cycle), Sales, Sales (off-cycle), Trading, Trading (off-cycle) or Quants|
|Start date:||June 2022 onwards|
Hong Kong - Global Research
|Requirements:||You will have obtained or will be working towards a 3.2/4.0 or 4.0/5.0 cumulative GPA or the equivalent of a 2.1 from a recognised University (as appears on your official University transcript or degree certificate). Be fluent in English, however knowledge of Mandarin and/or Cantonese would be an advantage. With legal rights to work in Hong Kong is preferred.|
|Applications open:||1 September 2021|
|Applications close:||30 November 2021|
We encourage you to apply for your programme of choice as soon as possible as we recruit on a rolling basis and may close applications before the advertised date if all vacancies are filled.
On our competitively paid internship, you’ll experience life in either Markets (Sales and Trading), Global Research or Securities Services providing you with a well-rounded idea of what a career in Markets & Securities Services can offer.
What you can expect
Markets & Securities Services at HSBC provides Markets, Global Research and Securities Services requirements to major government, corporate and institutional clients worldwide, uniquely positioned to provide a bridge between emerging and developed markets.
You’ll work alongside industry specialists, learning how the different areas of Markets & Securities Services work together to serve the broad range of needs of our clients. You’ll collaborate with a diverse community of peers who will encourage you to succeed. Our programme of training, delivered through interactive presentations, case studies and workshops, will help you keep up to date with the fast-paced environment of Markets & Securities Services. We look for determination and courageous thinking, and we'll reward your efforts with mutual support and a clear path for your future.
What you will do
After an induction, including tailored technical training, you’ll have the chance to explore your interests in either Markets, Global Research or Securities Services.
For those interested in our Global Research internship, you will
- Work alongside a team of experts to identify investment opportunities that support the needs of our clients.
- Learn how our Economists analyse global themes and trends in order to make economic and policy forecasts.
Who does this suit?
You will get the opportunity to take great responsibility, while building on your personal and professional skills. We’re looking for:
- Inquisitive minds. You should always be questioning ideas and curious to learn more about our products and services, enabling us to meet our clients’ evolving needs
- Good networkers. We encourage you to work with clients, senior management, peers and our other teams internationally. This means you should be confident when communicating and show courage when presenting
- Opportunity takers. We’re an international company with opportunities around the globe. Jumping at the chance to take on a challenging, yet rewarding project will show you’ve got the motivation to progress to the next level
- Team players. We encourage our people to work together. This means collaborating with colleagues to learn more about our products, asset classes and how to best interact with clients. Being able to work well in a team will help take your career further
What can this lead to?
Perform well and we'll consider you for our Markets & Securities Services Graduate Programme, where you will be able to complete rotations within your chosen business line (Markets, Global Research or Securities Services). Then you can specialise in an area you are passionate about, working to develop into a future leader in our international and ever-changing bank.
- Job type:Internships
- Work rights:
Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
- Closing Date:30th Nov 2021, 3:59 pm