The Hong Kong Co-op Programme is for students looking for a work placement with a leading global bank. The programme provides opportunities to gain some hands-on experience on a six month placement, and develop your knowledge of banking and financial services.
For: University undergraduates
Duration: Six months
Areas: Commercial Banking, Wealth and Personal Banking, Global Functions
Location: Hong Kong
Applications open: 3 February 2021
Applications close: 31 March 2021
Who can apply?
To be considered for the programme, you will:
- Be available to work full-time between July 2021 and December 2021
- Be an undergraduate student in any discipline
- Have well-developed language skills in English (Cantonese and Putonghua would be advantageous)
- Have solid PC skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Have additional PC skills in Excel (Macro), Access and Projects, and Chinese typing skills would be advantageous
- Have the legal right to work in Hong Kong
What to expect
Supported by experienced managers, colleagues and a wide network of diverse peers, you'll be encouraged to take on responsibility and bring new ideas to the table. You will be valued as an individual and for the contribution you make.
Work placements generally last around six months and may be eligible for credit equivalencies, subject to university/college requirements.
You can expect practical experience that will complement your academic studies, embedding our values while growing your career. During the programme, you will be challenged to use your talents and academic knowledge to add value to the bank and improve your professional and personal skills.
Hong Kong Co-op Programme opportunities are available in the following business areas:
- Wealth and Personal Banking (Including Customer Value, Wealth, Chief Operating Office, Contact Centre Business, Cards and Digital)
Our Wealth and Personal Banking business serves millions of customers worldwide. Our employees help customers to manage their day-to-day finances and save for the future.
Within Wealth and Personal Banking, we are also hiring into Insurance at HSBC Life, including Operations, Chief Operating Office and Governance roles. HSBC Life provides a comprehensive range of life products and services to suit every possible need of our personal, commercial, corporate, institutional and private banking customers.
- Commercial Banking (Including Chief Operating Office and Business Banking)
HSBC Commercial Banking serves millions of businesses, from small enterprises and mid-market companies to large multinationals, in developed and faster-growing markets around the world. We have a particular focus on companies that aspire to grow internationally and use our global expertise to identify opportunities for our customers.
- Global Functions (Including Assurance, Regulatory and Operations Management)
HSBC’s Global Functions play a vital role in supporting the bank’s Global Businesses. Our operational and functional teams around the world help HSBC’s Global Businesses to operate efficiently and effectively on a day-to-day basis. They also focus on controls and governance to reduce risk and protect the Group’s reputation.
Learning, development and support
Our programme will equip you with the skills and experience required to start a successful career with HSBC, as well as the opportunity to develop your professional network with colleagues around the world.
You will have the opportunity to build your skills and banking knowledge in a real working environment and to take on responsibilities in a selection of interesting projects.
- Job type:Internships
- Work rights:
Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
- Closing Date:14th Apr 2021, 3:59 pm