The Greater Bay Area Youth Employment Scheme was recently launched by the Hong Kong SAR Government to provide Hong Kong permanent residents who are university graduates practical on-the-job work experience, mobility to work in the Greater Bay Area, and the opportunity to develop and grow a professional network. Participants will be paid a salary throughout the Scheme, which takes 18 months.
Find out more about the Greater Bay Area Youth Employment Scheme. HSBC has extended the application window for our Assistant Manager, Business role as they have recently added new openings within the Global Markets and GBA Head Office.
General placements, Business (Greater Bay Area)
Hong Kong SAR nationals who have graduated from a recognised local or overseas university in 2019 or 2020; or graduating in 2021
Global Banking & Markets
Guangzhou or Shenzhen
26 February 2021
22 June 2021
What to expect?
While participating in the Greater Bay Area Youth Employment Scheme you will be paid a salary of HK$18,000 per month. Throughout your time at HSBC, you will be supported by experienced managers and a wide network of diverse colleagues in the region and around the world.
For General placements, you will undergo on-the-job training in a Greater Bay Area city for the full duration of your placement.
Who can apply?
To be considered for this programme, you will:
- Be available to start full-time employment no later than the end of August 2021
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or above, of any study discipline, awarded by a Hong Kong or an overseas university / tertiary institution in 2019 or 2020; or graduating in 2021
- Be a Hong Kong SAR national who is lawfully employable in Hong Kong
- Be fluent in written and spoken English, Cantonese and Putonghua
- Possess strong communication skills and are able to collaborate with others effectively
- Have solid computer skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Additional skills using Excel (Macro), Access and Project would be advantageous
Learning, development and support
Over the course of the placement, you will gain experience and insight in the business area for which you are recruited, and you can expect a combination of varied on-the-job practical experience, project-based work and functional exposure. You will be encouraged to learn, ask questions, take on some responsibilities and develop your professional network.
Upon successful completion of the Greater Bay Area Youth Employment Scheme, you will have the opportunity to apply to a permanent role at HSBC in any location.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
Shenzhen (China), Guangzhou...
- Closing Date:22nd Jun 2021, 3:59 pm